Chapter Six

Treat You Better
Chapter Six

I open the door to the theater and walk to the counter. I get a movie ticket and order a large popcorn before I sit down on a bench to wait for a few friends.

"Shawn!" I look at the theater door and see two girls and a boy walking toward me.

"Hey Sam," I smile and hug the girl. "And hello to you, too, Josh."

We give each other a little hand shake before we go find a seat in the theater. We choose seats in close to the top near the middle of the isle. Sam sits in-between Josh and Mia and I sit next to Mia.

"What movie are we seeing again?" Mia leans over to ask me.

"Suicide Squad," I tell her as the previews come on.

Sam and Josh walk ahead of me and Mia, hands mended together as they swing their arms in the air. "Oh! I forgot we had the new ice cream parlor."

Mia nods excitedly to Sam's announcement. "Me, too. Shawn, you have to have some of their ice cream. It's so good." She then proceeds to drag me along the road, as Sam does the same to Josh.

When we get to the ice cream parlor, and we get our ice cream, my eyes widen when I take a bite of it. Mia nods and takes a bite of her own. "I told you it was delicious."

"Delicious?" I ask. "Don't you mean the best thing ever tasted?"

Mia agrees with me as I look Sam and Josh. "When did they get together?"

"Just a few months ago. You haven't missed much."

⭐︎

"No, that was a bad picture of me!"

"Oh please," I tell Mia as I roll my eyes. "You look great in every picture."

"No, no," she says as she pushes my chest. "That would be you that does."

She grabs a handful of blueberries, putting them into her mouth, as she pays attention to the movie playing on the television. The voices of Harry and Ron ring through the room as Mia lays her head on the pillow.

"You know, I never really enjoyed Harry Potter when we were younger."

"What?" I ask and she nods her head with a laugh. "So you had Friday Potterthons with me for my benefit?"

"Basically," she says and I let out an "aw."

"That's so sweet of you, Pia Mia. You're the greatest friend a boy could ask for."

"Yeah," she says and adds, "I know."

I roll my eyes and playfully hit her on the shoulder. Oh, god, this girl.

[Made June 28, 2016 - Rewritten June 4, 2018]