Chapter Thirty-Four

Treat You Better
Chapter Thirty-Four
«Shawn Mendes»
"You've got a hold of me, don't even know your power. I stand from a hundred feet, but I fall when I'm around you."

Mia stands in front of me as she listens to me sing, with her body swaying from left to right. "Show me an open door, then you go and slam it on me. I can't take anymore, I'm saying baby please have mercy on me, take it easy on my heart. Even though you don't mean to hurt me, you keep tearing me apart."

Her and Sam sing along to the lyrics as my eyes leave them and to the other people surrounding the two. "I'd drive through the night, just to be near you baby. Heart open testified, tell me that I'm not crazy."

Even when singing to a large crowd, my eyes seem to travel back to Mia's. "I'm not asking for a lot, just that you're honest with me. My pride is all I got. I'm saying baby please have mercy on me, take it easy on my heart."

They close as I continue to sing the song. "Even though you don't mean to hurt me, you keep tearing me apart. Would you please have mercy on me, I'm a puppet on your strings. And even though you got good intentions, I need you to set me free."

When I finish the song, everyone claps but I'm only focused on what Mia's doing. She smiles and talks with a girl who has a shirt with my face on. Mia catches my eyes and smile before telling the girl something. Someone calls my name but I'm not even sure until they eventually get in front of me.

"Good job, Shawn, I can't believe I haven't watched you perform before." I laugh with Josh as the words fall from his mouth.

"I know, I'm shocked I even saw you at some pop stars concert." I tease with him before we meet our girlfriends at the seats.

Times like this I want to know what the future has in store for my friends and I. What everything is going to be like. How everything is going to be for us. And it seems so foreign but I can't wait for it to happen.

[Made on November 10, 2016. So this was the last chapter....]