Chapter Twenty Two

Treat You Better
Chapter Twenty Two
«Mia Williams»
I glare at everyone as my family walks in front of me. The airport doors open and the four of us step out into the warm Californian air. I mean, I get why everyone didn't want to leave me alone in the house, but that was a year ago and they shouldn't hold that kind of thing against me.

"Where are we staying?" I ask as we get into the cab but, for the eighth time today, no one answers me.

My voice cracks as I groan and I lean further into the seat. The car stops and we get out and stand in front of a tall hotel, which I'm going to guess is a five star. My dad checks in before tossing the card, that unlocks our room, and I look at Sydney before sprinting to the elevator, because Mia doesn't run. The door dings as they open and I walk slowly to the door of where I'll be sleeping for however many days.

I salute to my sister before unlocking the door and walking inside. It takes two minutes before Sydney and my mom both make it inside, and all Sydney can say is, "No fair, Mia."

"It's not my fault I got to the room first." I tell her and her glare on me becomes more.

"No, but you could've been more fair and not have taken the elevator." I roll my eyes before she tattles on me for one simple thing I did.

"Mia, what did I say about rolling your eyes?" I glare at my sister before saying, word for word, of what my mother had said about rolling my beautiful eyes.

Sydney smirks as I glare at her, until I remember something that she did to something very important of my mom's. "Mom, remember your signed Beatles album?" Sydney's eyes grow wide and she shakes her head.

"Yeah, why?" She asks, not looking over at me and Sydney. "Sydney broke it a couple months ago." That makes our mother turn immediately to us and give Sydney a death glare that makes you wish you were six feet under.

"Sydney Rebekah Williams," and now you know it's about to get real when your mom brings out the middle name. She gets onto her, screaming and crying, before she leaves the room quietly, thus leaving a very mad Sydney and a happy Mia.

"You said you wouldn't tell!" I wiggle my fingers as she comes closer. "Maybe you shouldn't tattle."

Now, I know one thing for sure, siblings are a pain in the ass.

[Made July 27, 2016]