Chapter Sixteen

Treat You Better
Chapter Sixteen

The movie is paused and everyone is looking at me and Mia. Their mouths are open and they look as if they're trying to say something but don't know what.

Mia leans back on the bed and tries to hide herself underneath the frame. Sam stops her from going all the way under by pulling her back up. 

"I cannot un-pause this movie unless we know the details." I shake my head at Josh before Mia speaks. 

"We kissed this morning," she says, looking up at me. "I mean, it was pretty nice."

"You heard the girl, now can we start the Potterathon now?" They all look at me before Josh finally presses play. 

It doesn't take long until Mia is next to me, asleep with her head laying on my chest. Just a few minutes later, Sydney and Aaliyah are passed out on the floor. Sam stretches her legs out for a few seconds before standing up and walking out of the bedroom. Josh mutes the movie and turns to me.

"How was it?" He asks, kind of sounding like a gossiping teenage girl.

"How was what?" He gives me a look. "The kiss?"

"No, the hand holding. Yes, the kiss!"

I look down at Mia, making sure she's asleep, before turning back to my best friend with a grin plastered on my face. "It was amazing."

"Did you get the feeling?" He asks, his eyebrows raising.

"Oh, man," I say and nod my head. "I got so much of it I could've died."

"You know," Mia's voice almost gives me a heart attack as she speaks. "You should really start getting better on seeing if I'm actually still asleep the next time you talk about me."

"You already know the only thing I'm ever going to say about you is how happy you make me feel." Josh awes at us before he unmutes the movie. 

"Ugh," Mia says. "You make my heart hurt; in a good way though."

"Well, I sure do hope it's in a good way."

I make her heart hurt. I make her heart hurt. Do I really have just as much of an affect on her as she does me?

[Made July 14, 2016 - Rewritten June 14, 2018]