Chapter Thirty-Five

Treat You Better
Chapter Thirty-Five
«Shawn Mendes»
[Several Years Later]
I smile at object in my hand as I walk down the streets of Sydney with Sydney herself by my side. She keeps assuring me that she's fine with it and that she's so excited. I nod and grin as I spot Mia talking to Sam at the restaurant. A few fans spot me and I quickly take Sydney's hand and we make a run for it to Mia and Samantha before the fans get closer. Not that I don't love my fans, because I do, but I just don't want to be bothered at the second.

I smile at the two girls as Sydney and I sit down in front of them. I wave at some fans before turning to Sydney. "How do I do this?"

She shrugs, "Why do you think I know? I'm younger than you and have only had two boyfriends."

"Don't you read books that says things like this? You know, romance type of books?"

"Shawn, yes I read those types of books, but do you honestly think I'm going to know anything like this?" I shrug and she sighs. "Why don't you just ask one of your friends–or even better! Ask you mother."

"You know what, I don't think I'm going to do it just yet." She sighs and nods nonetheless.

"How's Bianca?" I grin and say she's fine. "Has she said anything yet? Like my name?"

"Syd, you saw her this morning, nothing has come from her mouth but drool." She sighs and turns away from her sister.

"I just wanted to know if my niece has said anything yet."

"Syd, you just have to wait." She sighs at me this time before taking a drink of her lemonade.

"So, where did you two go off to this morning?" Sydney and I look at each other and then to Mia. "You got up quite early to go do whatever it was that you did."

"That'll just ruin the surprise." I smile and her as she rolls her eyes.

"What are you going to do? Propose to me?" She jokes but I keep my face straight and she notices it. "Oh my gosh, that's what you were going to do! Oh gosh, I just ruined whatever you planned on doing."

"Mia, you really did ruin the surprise, but I didn't know how to do it, so I'm actually thankful that you did that." I tell her and she grins. "Wanna get married? You'll have to put up with this hot mess."

"Of course! I'd love to marry the hot mess named Shawn Mendes." She throws her arms around me and kisses my cheek over and over. Her eyes start to produce tears as I open the box.

A tear falls and I quickly wipe it away as I place the wing on her finger. Screams are heard around us, including Sam's, while Mia is crying a bit and Sydney is awing.

She leans in and kisses me and I kiss her back. She leans on my chest and continues to smile.

After we finish, we are bombarded with questions from fans and more as we try to make our way back to the hotel where Josh is supposedly babysitting Mia and I's daughter. As the four of us enter the hotel room, we see Josh laying down on the couch with Bianca sleeping on his chest.

"This is so cute," Mia exclaims as she stands in front of them. "Someone hand me a camera."

Sam and I look around the room for one, and the only one to be seen is Mia's Polaroid camera. Sam grabs it and hands it to her best friend as Mia looks into the camera and takes the picture. The photograph comes out moments later and we wait for the image to appear. When it does, we're all talking about how cute it is. We must have been loud because Josh starts to wake up.

"Shut up, there's a baby trying to sleep." Are the first words to come from his mouth and we all stop moving, an maybe breathing, as Bianca starts to move.

Her eyes open and she yawns before her eyes are focused on us. Her head turns and looks at Josh with a smile. He grins at the little one before kissing her nose. The four of us watch with our mouths open. What makes Josh even more happy, and Sydney mad, is when Bianca says his name.

"Did you hear that?" He asks us and we nod our heads. "She just said my name!"

Mia grins at how happy he is and takes Bianca from his lap. "Josh, you're going to be one of the greatest dads known." She hands our baby over to Sydney before hugging Josh.

Bianca giggles as Sydney tickles her. Sam and Josh kiss a bit as Mia and I just watch everything that's happening in front of us happen. This is what was in store for us. This is how we're going to live the rest of our lives, and I can't be more happy about it. This one's for you, Little Bianca Mendes.

 This one's for you, Little Bianca Mendes

[Made November 12, 2016. And we are finished. Finally. THE END]