Chapter Twenty Nine

Treat You Better
Chapter Twenty Nine
«Shawn Mendes»
"Shawn, I'm so ready for Halloween." I smile at the girl next to me as I help her find a costume. "It's going to be nice since you'll be walking around with me."

"Uh-uh, don't forget about lil Sydney." Mia rolls her eyes and dramatically sighs at the mention of her sister's name.

"Do we really have to take her with us?" I nod my head. "But I feel like she's always all over you, and even more ever since we told her."

"Mia, I like you, not your sister. I mean, you are my girlfriend." She nods her head with a smile as I wrap my arms around her.

When we finally find her a costume, a few girls spot us and start walking towards us. I tell Mia and she nods before grabbing her bag and walks back to the car. I smile at the teenage girls standing in front of me before I have a small conversation with them.

"Hey, I'm sorry but, I have to go." They nod and I hug them before joining Mia in the car. Mia goes drives down the roads, going back to our neighborhood, singing to Taylor Swift.

The car comes to a stop at the red light and I change the CD to Ed Sheeran, which makes her smile and nod in satisfaction at my choice. The A Team starts playing and Ed Sheeran's angelic voice enters the car. Another angelic voice sings along and I smile at the girl next to me. I sing along to the song, and the rest that come on, with her until she stops the car in her driveway. I hold her hand as we enter her house and go up to her room. I lay down on her bed as she goes into the bathroom with a pair of pajamas. I waste time by going onto Netflix and watching a random movie with the name of A Girl Like Her.

Mia decides to walk out of the bathroom the same time tears decide to flow down my already red cheeks. She looks at me confused before realising what I'm watching. "I understand, Shawn, I understand." She finishes the rest of the movie with me, and at the end of the movie we both have tears running down our faces.

The door to her room opens and Sydney randomly walks in and jumps onto the bed with us. "Dinner's ready if you guys are hungry."

"Hi, Sydney, how's my little one?" She makes a face, that in my opinion makes her look constipated but let's not tell her that, before shaking her head. "Don't call me 'little one' ever again, Mendes." And that's all it takes for her to leave the room.

"Come on, Mendes, we have to get to the food before Sydney hogs it all." I follow Mia to the kitchen and sit down in between her and her mother.

I stack my plate up with food as Mia's mother asks her children about their day. Sydney's answer is that her day was "good", while Mia's answer is somewhat different than her sister's.

"Today wasn't bad, but it wasn't nice either. It was just boring, but maybe that's because I'm a very boring and awkward person." I roll my eyes at her reply before telling my future mother-in-law how my day was. Saying that she's my future mother-in-law is called being prepared and that I'm ready to be in the family, although I'm already considered being in the family anyways.

"I'm happy your day was, apparently, better than both of my children's day." I grin at the woman before finishing the food on my plate. Soon after dinner is done, I tell the lovely family goodbye and head back to my house.

I take a quick shower before getting ready for bed and getting under the covers. as I'm watching Family Guy on Netflix, I spot a medium sized pebble hit my window. I sigh with a smile as I get out of my bed and walk over to the window. Opening it I call out, "that was such a cliche thing to do, Mia."

"I don't care, Sam and I want to walk around the city with our best friend." I wipe my lips before agreeing and shutting the window and meeting them outside.

The three of us walk around the city of Toronto, just remembering the times we spent together and just having a good laugh. Enjoying life starts with enjoying the people you surround yourself with, and I enjoy every single bit of them. I believe that you need your best friends just as much as you need air to breathe. There wouldn't be laughter without mine. My dream wouldn't be happening without these two, and they make my life more entertaining and interesting. Life would be so boring without those certain people to make you enjoy it. Enjoy every second of life.

Made [October 10, 2016. So sorry it took me so long to update! The concert was amazing and school and other stories got in the way, as well as writers block, but I hope I can get back to writing this. Thanks for waiting for me to update, it really means a lot. I have so much to tell you guys...]