Chapter Twenty Four

Treat You Better
Chapter Twenty Four
«Mia Williams»
I wake up from the dream with sweat rolling down my face and a scream that had just left my mouth. Shawn's body jumps up and out of his bed and over to me. I stare at him with wide eyes before I whisper for him to go back to his bed.

"No, I can't go to sleep without you telling me why you woke up screaming." I sigh and shake my head.

"Tomorrow. I'll tell you tomorrow, promise." I tell him and he sighs while settling back down in his bed.

I don't fall asleep that night and when the sun comes out, it looks as if the bags under my eyes are worse than what they already were. I continue to watch the morning Olympics as the boy in the bed next to me starts waking up and stretching his arms out.

"Good morning, Mia, how'd you sleep?" The question rings throughout my head as I think about it.

"Good." I tell him, not wanting him to worry too much about me.

"Alright, would you like to join me for some breakfast?" I nod my head and follow him to the hotel's cafeteria.

I grab two plates before putting pancakes and eggs on both of them and then grab a cup of apple juice and sit down at the back of the room with Shawn. I spot some girls walking around the lobby, in search of something or someone, and then look everywhere else. Shawn speaks up after a few minutes and I answer him.

"Yeah, I'm feeling good." He looks at me as if I'm so crazy.

"You haven't even touched your second plate yet." I look down and see exactly that, but I haven't even finished my eggs.

"Just distracted a little." I tell him and he narrows his eyes before sighing and turning around when he here's his name being called.

[Made August 13, 2016... almost put 2014...]