4. Empire State Building

The next morning I was abruptly awoken by no other than Dylan himself. Last night after he left my room he vanished, I had the whole penthouse to myself so I made myself feel at home. I made some food, watched some TV, and hit the hay. Today I woke up by Dylan yanking my foot and pulling my whole body to the floor.

"Why'd you do that, jerk face?" I asked. I was barely waking up so I had no energy to yell at him.

"Because I can, now I need you to get dressed. Something comfortable. Be ready in twenty minutes."

I got up from the floor and hurried to the restroom. I showered, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair. Once I left the bathroom I went to my room and grabbed on some black leggings, a cute read sweater, and some Ugg boots. It was actually pretty cold outside so I went with something warm.

I decided to add some accessories to my outfit, I put on a gold bracelet and a necklace that was a cross.

"Are you done?" Dylan yelled as he opened the door.

"Yes, father." I answered.

He scanned my appearance and nodded, I guess he approved. He grabbed my hand, more like yanked, anyways we made our way outside. Landon was outside already waiting for us.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Surprise."

"Lovely." I muttered.

We roamed through the beautiful streets of New York. Through the course of the car ride their was silence. I thought to myself where could he be taking me.

"Are you scared of heights?" I suddenly heard his voice.

"Not at all." I replied.

"Well good because I don't need you passing out or vomiting, now put this on." He handed me a blindfold.

"No."

"Do you always have to be this complicated?" He sighed in frustration.

"For all I know you're telling Landon to drive my ass out the city and throw me out in the middle of nowhere."

"I wouldn't do that." He said.

That sort of made me smile, he wasn't as cruel as he made it seem.

"I would do something worse." He said. Well there goes my smile.

"Just hand them over before I say no." I put the blindfold on and sat quietly in the car. The car stopped after a few minutes. Someone helped me out the car, and grabbed my hand guiding me. We walked for a little bit, and then we got on an elevator. We got out the elevator walked a little bit and I think we ended  up outside because I felt a cool breeze in my face.

"Ready?" Dylan asked. I nodded and slowly Dylan removed the blindfold from my eyes.

We where on top of the Empire State. Holy cow? It was just us two, there were white and red rose pedals all over the floor and candles. It was like a pathway that led to an envelope. A big envelope.

I turned around to look at Dylan and he gestured for me to get it.

I slowly grabbed it, and opened it.

Dear Ms.Reed,
We are pleased to offer you admission at the Institute of Culinary Education.

I didn't finish the rest of the letter because that first sentence sufficed. My dream of going to college is coming true. I will be a college student, I'll be able to study and make someone out of myself.

"Turn around." I heard a voice from behind.

I slowly turned around to see Dylan down in one knee. I gasped.