50. The True Meaning of Love

Let's just say dinner was delicious, but the highlight was dessert.

I'm positive the entire hotel heard us, and we almost broke the bed. I mean can you blame me? My husband was looking like a snack the entire night.

"I'm sore." I said as I grabbed my phone.

"I hope it's the good sore." Dylan chuckled while sliding his hand on my thigh.

"Oh no, I see what you're trying to do and I need a break. Plus, we should be getting ready to go back home."

"Babe, it's 7am I'm trying to have you all to myself."

"But the ki-"

"Carter is taking care of the kids. Plus, he hasn't called so I'm sure everything is great. He's an idiot for pretty much everything except taking care of the kids."

"Okay, you're right. Also, stop being so mean to Carter."

Dylan chuckled at my comment and pecked my cheek.

"Babe, being nice to each other isn't in our DNA. Being mean is our way of loving each other."

"You men are so weird." I scrunched up my noise and gently threw the pillow at him.

"We're not. We are uncomplicated creatures."

"Forgot to add and delusional."

"Just shut up and come here." He said as he pulled me towards his chest. My head laid on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat which was music to my ears. We laid in comfortable silence until we both fell asleep again.

We ended up waking up at noon and let me say it was the best sleep I have gotten in months.

"Okay, that was the best sleep I have gotten in months. I slept like a baby." Dylan said as he stretched his arms and yawned.

"I feel the same way. I feel full of energy and ready to take on the world!" I grinned.

Dylan got up from bed and was making his way to the bathroom. He turned around and gave me a mischievous look.

"How about a quicky before you take on the world?" He winked.

"I mean I should be exercising more so why not?" He laughed and made his way inside the bathroom and I followed closely behind.

After getting in 30 minutes of cardio in the shower we got dressed and headed downstairs. Dylan appeared a bit distracted and kept texting someone.

"Do you think Carter is still alive?" I asked.

"I think he's alive, but not sure about his condition."

"Before we go back, we have to make a quick stop."

"Sure, where?" I asked.

"It is a surprise, now I need you too put on this blindfold." He handed me a black blindfold and smiled at me.

"Are you kidnapping me?"

"Do you want me to kidnap you? I mean I don't mind. I can take you away all for myself. I can tie you in bed and do a million different things. I ca-"

"Okay, I'll put the blindfold on." I rolled my eyes and put the blindfold on.

"Remind me to punish you for rolling your eyes at me when we get home." I snorted at his comment and stuck my tongue out.

After 10 minutes the car came to a stop.

"Okay, we are here. I am going to guide you to our destination."