28. One More Maxwell

There I was bare naked in bed with my husband. MY husband. I looked at my phone and it was 4am. I gently got up not trying to wake up the naked man next to me. He was peacefully asleep in bed. Of course he was tired, hell I was tired we went at it THREE rounds. I began walking to look for my clothes which was scattered all over the floor. I suddenly felt a pain down there. I was sore. Of course I was I was a virgin a few hours ago.

I changed back into my clothes and grabbed my suitcase and headed downstairs.

I was now in the study. I began looking for paper and a pen until I found both.

I sat down and began writing.

Dear Dylan,

By the time you're reading this I'll probably be thousands of miles away. I want you to be happy. Enjoy your life with your kid. Love him, and support him just like your father loves and supports you. You deserve happiness because you're good even behind that cold persona. That good part of you made me love you like I have never loved. You're my first love, and probably will be my last because no one will ever replace you. You changed my perspective of life. You taught me that people can change because you changed. Changed for me. You love me, and I don't doubt it one bit today. Thank you for an unforgettable love story. Please be happy find another love. Don't reject the idea of love. Show her the side you showed me. Thank you for tonight. For every kiss. For every hug. For Hope, who I will be taking because it's like I'm taking a piece of us. She was our hope for the time we had. Enjoy life, love your family, love your kid but most importantly love yourself just like I love you. Even with a rocky start you're the best thing to happen to me.

Yours, Dakota.

By the end of the letter I was in tears. I left the letter in the middle of the desk and walked out. I looked for Hope to see her asleep in the couch. I gently grabbed her and my luggage and walked off.

I reached the curb and pulled out my phone. I called Alec's number it took a while for him to answer, but he did.

"Hey, is the offer still up?"

"Of course." He said in a very raspy voice.

"I need to leave now."

"I'll wire you money right now. Tell me when you land and if you need anymore."

"Alec..."

"Yes?"

"Thank you for everything."

"Anything for you." He said and hanged up.

I took a lyft to the airport. I headed right to the front desk to get my plane ticket.

"Can I get a ticket to Switzerland?"

*20 hours later*

After delays, and the flight itself I made it to Switzerland with Hope.

I ordered a cab and headed to a hotel. I was thankful enough that Alec sent me $15,000 which was definitely enough to survive for a few months until I got a job.

I found a pretty nice hotel nothing to elegant but it was very homey. I dropped my bags and placed Hope next to me and slept.

After many hours of sleeping I finally woke up. According to my phone it was about 6:30pm. I laid in bed staring at the white ceiling I couldn't believe that I was in Switzerland. Thousands and thousands of miles away from Dylan.

I stopped thinking about Dylan and decided to text Alec.

Hey, just wanted to let you know I made it.

Where are you living now?

Switzerland

Please be safe and if you need anything money, food, a home, etc. let me know. I'll fly out in a heartbeat.

Thank you Alec you're a life savior 💓

I placed my phone down and decided to order some room service I was starving.

I ate and decided to take a shower afterwards. I finished my shower and then headed out to go sightseeing. I grabbed Hope and her leash.

Switzerland was beautiful.

As I was sightseeing my phone got a text message. It was from Dylan. My heart skipped a beat.

I read your letter hours ago. I didn't know what to say I didn't have the proper words to express what I felt and I still kinda don't. Every minute for the rest of my life I will be thankful for my dad and his stupid sneaky contract because it put me in your life. It allowed me to meet the best woman in the world. Thank you for being selfless. Thank you for being you. I wish you nothing, but the best. And never ever ever forget that you should never get treated any less than a queen. And don't ever forget that even though I thought Hayley was my true love, the ONE, my soulmate I was completely wrong. You were and you will always be. Take care of yourself Dakota Reed. I will forever and always love you Mrs.CEO.

"Holy shit why are you crying? More importantly what are you doing here?" I looked up to see a very familiar face.

"What are YOU doing here?" Out of all the places in the world I would run into him.

"No the real question is where is my bloody brother?" It was no other than Carter Maxwell himself.

"It's a very long story."

"Oh love, please tell I have the time. Let's go grab coffee."

"I don't think so." I said.

"Fine, then lets sit down." I nodded and proceeded to sit in a bench. I placed Hope in my thighs and let her sit there.

"What happened between the two of you?"

"We split up."

"Of course what did my stupid silly brother do?"

"He got Hayley pregnant."

"Oh my lord, when he was with you?"

"No, when we were on a break. Its when I left the house for weeks."

"I'm sorry, darling."

"I was willing to stay with him, but Hayley gave me an ultimatum so I left for his own sake and for the sake of the kid."

"Wow." From the few times I had spoken to Carter this was the first time he was speechless.

"Now please do me a favor and don't tell your brother I'm here."

"I promise your secret will be safe with me, where are you staying?"

"At this small hotel a few blocks away."

"Yeah, not happening. You're going to move in with me. The Maxwell family owns a new house here, technically the house belongs to you too because you're a Maxwell."

"I can't accept that, plus that's an easier way for your brother to find out I'm here."

"Don't worry I'll tell the maids and everyone in the house to not mention a word to my brother. Plus, I can't have you living in a hotel what would my father say to that?"

"I'll find a job and get an apartment or something."

"Don't make this into an argument woman. Just come live at the house. I'm staying in Switzerland for a few months. I'm managing the company we have here."

"Carter, I really can't accept that offer."

"Fine if you don't I'll call Dylan and tell him your here." He threatened. What an ass.

"You're an ass I hope you know that." Carter chuckled and shrugged him shoulders.

"What if your brother finds out?"

"I'll tell him that we love each other and we want to get married and we're gonna have Switzerland born babies and he can be the Godfather." I was horrified at what he said, but he found my expression hilarious because he almost peed his pants.

"He won't find out so we'll be fine. Now come on let's go get your stuff."

"I'm not 100% percent sure of this, plus you're annoying." I said.

"Trust me everyone thinks that, but then I turn out to be the most lovable of the Maxwell's. You'll fall under my spell too. Just watch." Carter said as he grabbed Hope and kissed her.