11. The Return of the Lover

Pic of Hayley

"Now introducing Mr and Mrs.Maxwell!" Dylan and I made our grand entrance into that beautiful venue. All the guest were already sitting down and the DJ and band were all set up.

I had forgotten to tell Dylan about the song I chose for our first dance. I decided to go with Total Eclipse of the Heart by Sleeping at Last. Dylan and I walked to the dance floor and the song began to play.

"Step on me and I'll kick you." I warned him. He cracked a smile.

"Oh honey, trust me if anyone is going to step on anyone it's going to be you." He said. The song started playing and we began dancing. I could have sworn that he was going to be a terrible dancer, but to my surprise he was not.

"You chose a pretty good song." He admitted.

"Oh my that must have been really hard?" I said as we continued to dance.

"What was hard?" He asked.

"Saying something nice."

"It was." He admitted. We continued to dance in a peaceful silence. My hips swaying back and forth gently.

"Are you tired?" He suddenly asked.

"A little." I admitted.

"You can rest your head on my chest or shoulder." He offered. I was surprised with his offer, but I accepted it. I place my head on his shoulder and we continued to dance. I was able to take in his cologne. It was strong, but nice.

The song came to an end and everyone clapped. Dylan grabbed my hand, and we walked to our table.

As the night continued I was introduced to hundreds of people. I just smiled said hello politely and that's about it. Nonna seemed to be entertained with Landon which I was really glad to see. I looked for Alec, but he seemed to be really entertained with a blonde who I had never seen in my whole life. The ass of my husband was talking about business at our wedding, so in other words I was alone.

Thinking out Loud by Ed Sheeran began playing and a smile formed across my face. Couples started gathering on the dance floor, while I just stood and watched.

"May I have a dance?" Someone asked which took my off my train of thought. I looked over to see a smiling Alec.

"No, go ask that blonde girl." I said and crossed my arms. This gesture made Alec crack up and pull my hand to the dance floor.

Next thing I know I was standing in the middle of the dance floor dancing with Alec.

"I've been trying to talk to you since I got here, but you seemed a little busy until now." He said.

"My husband decided to introduce me to a thousand people at our wedding, but I saw you introduced yourself to that blonde." I said.

"You know you're my number one, that girl was just at the table I was sitting at she's very nice."

"Glad to hear."

"D---"

"Shhh let's just dance to this song in silence, it's my favorite song." Alec chuckled and nodded. Alec and I danced in peace, it was a perfect moment.

"May I dance with my wife?" Someone suddenly said, I removed my head from Alec's chest and looked to see a very irritated Dylan there.

"Sure, it's your wedding after all." Alec said handing me off to Dylan.

"Why were you dancing with him?" Dylan asked.

"Because my husband was nowhere to be found, plus I loved that song." I stated.