26. Hope

For some reason the pregnancy results took longer than expected. Dylan and I waited for about a week before listening from Hayley. Dylan and I were in bed watching The Breakfast Club when the phone rang.

"It's her." He said.

"Pick it up." He nodded and picked up the phone and put it on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Darling, I have news. You're going to be a young handsome father." I suddenly felt a aching pain in my chest.

"I'll call you later to talk this through." Dylan said and hanged up on her. Dylan grabbed my hand and smiled at me.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to." He whispered.

"You're my husband, I have to stick by your side through thin and thick." I said squeezing his hand.

"Have I told you that I love you?" Ever since we confessed our love for each other Dylan has constantly reminded me of how much he loves me.

"I don't know I don't think you've said it today." I jokingly said. Dylan threw himself at me and kissed the side of my head.

"I love you." He whispered.

"And I love you too." I said.

"I'm sorry." I found myself saying.

"For what?"

"For not giving you a child." I said. I did feel guilty that I wasn't able to give him a kid.

"Don't be silly, I don't want to rush you into anything. We have a lifetime ahead to make ten children!" He exclaimed with a grin plastered on his face.

"Ten!??" I exclaimed.

"Yes."

"You're crazy if you think I'm going to pop out ten kids."

"The more kids the more lively this house will be. You know my father would be ecstatic with all those grandkids."

"He has two other kids that can give him some grandchildren."

"Libby is to be a nun no guy is to come near her." Dylan said in a serious matter.

"Quit being silly, your sister is beautiful she probably already has a line of guys waiting to court her."

"Well they're going to stay there in line because no one is coming near my little sister." He said.

"It's cute when you're protective and jealous."

"I have to protect my family." We stayed silent. It was a comfortable silence.

"Are you ready to be a mom?" Dylan suddenly asked.

"I'm not going to lie to you, and say yes. I didn't have much of a mother figure the closest thing to a mom I have is Nonna. I won't say I'm ready, but I will try my very best to be ready when that baby arrives."

"I just want to remind you that this is not your responsibility."

"And I just want to remind you that I know, but you're my husband and I'll stick by your side." Dylan did not say another word instead he grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I laid in his chest and heard the beating of his heart. Even with all this coming our way my heart felt full. Full of love and joy something I had never experienced.

"I have a surprise for you." Dylan suddenly said. I lifted my head and looked at him. He had a mischievous look in his eyes.

"What is it?"

"You'll just have to wait to see." He said.

"Dylan come on! You know I don't like surprises."

"I'm positive you're going to like this one. Time and effort were put into this."