48. A Six Course Meal

After Dylan left for work I decided to spend the entire day with the kids. All the restaurants were running smoothly so there was no need for me to go to work today. 

I cleaned up the kids, and decided to ask Carter if he wanted to join me for a walk with the kids. After bribing him with ice cream he agreed. 

We made our way to the park, and Carter sat in the grass playing with his little princess.

"I had the realization that I am probably going to die alone, and you know what? I made my peace with it." Carter said.

I couldn't help but laugh sometimes I wonder what goes on in Carter's head.

"That's not true, you'll find someone you're young, funny, and not too ugly. Trust me there's someone out there for you."

"The thing is I kind of like being alone. I don't know how to explain it. Like there's days were I want nothing to do with another person that is not my family. However, there's other days I want to get home to someone and enjoy human contact. Does that make sense?"

"I feel like you say that now, but once you meet the right person you will not "like" being alone. They become a part of you in a way." 

"I guess that's true, but I just do not want to go through the process does that make sense? Like first dates? Being awkward and all that stuff. I don't know if I am making much sense. Plus what if I get all excited over a person, and they end up breaking my heart. I saw how you were with what happened to my brother. You stopped being a person for a while. You stopped being you. I don't want to have someone to suddenly lose them "

"From what I'm getting it is that you're scared to fall in love. Like not completely scared, but are very guarded and that is completely understandable. I was blessed because I was able to find love through a contract. So technically, I found love because of your dad, but you don't have that going on for you unless you ask him to do what he did with Dylan and me which I doubt you want. Anyways, I think there is truly someone out there for you. Once you meet that person you won't want to stop being with them. That first date that is weird will feel normal and nice. And you know why? Because that's the person you are meant to be with. Once you meet that person all your thoughts will be with them. Like you can't stop thinking about them. You can't wait to get home to them. You don't mind waking up if it's them next to you. You want to be better for them. Once you meet that person it's game over you just have to wait for it."

"You should be a counselor or something." Carter chuckled as he proceeded to give me a side hug.

We spent a good amount of time at the park before we decided to go back home so I could get ready with my date with Dylan? But what should I wear? I didn't know so I decided to text him. 

"What should I wear for tonight?"

"If it was up to me, nothing. But I don't want anyone to see what's mine. Wear something comfy and warm." 

I could not help, but snicker at his text. Of course he would say nothing. 

"Got it, can't wait for tonight!"

"Neither can I! I've been staring at the clock all day. I'll see you in about an hour. Love you!"

"Love you more!"

I put my phone down, and decided to go shower. 

Carter agreed to babysit the kids for me tonight while we went out. 

I got out the shower, and decided to go for something casual. A pair of white jeans, with a cute black v line crop top. I went with a pair of Adidas shoes. He said comfy so of course I was going to be comfy. As I was doing my make-up the door flew wide open and in came in my hunk of a husband.

"Damn baby! You look so good!" He whistled at me. I was still not used to compliments whatsoever. I could feel my checks heating up.

"Stop blushing before I take you in this bed right now." He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Not happening. Go shower you stink." I said scrunching my nose up in disgust. However, for some reason he took that as an invitation to hug me. Of course he did not smell, but I needed him to get ready I was dying for some alone time with him. 

"DYLAN GO!!" I could not help but giggle.

"Okay, I'm going. Jesus you're so bossy. No wonder why all my employees said you kept the business running smoothly while I was gone." He kissed my cheek and headed to the shower. 

I decided to wear a little of foundation, mascara, blush, and lipstick. I was not in the mood to get way too ready being with the kids all day drained me, but I wouldn't want to have it any other way. 

I fell asleep waiting for Dylan. Suddenly, I felt a gentle slap on my cheek.

"Babe, wake up! Let's go!" I opened my eyes to see Dylan looking at me in awe.

I took in his appearance. He was wearing some black jeans, a white v-neck, and a leather jacket. My man looked hot! 

"You're out here looking like a full snack, baby." I said as I got up from the bed. I just heard Dylan laughing. That was music to my ears.

"You're the one talking? You're out here looking like a six course meal that I cannot wait to eat later tonight." He smirked. I laughed at his comment and lightly hit his chest.

Finally, we left the room and made our way to the living room where Carter was playing with the kids. He had all their toys out and was playing with them.

He is going to make a girl really lucky one day.

"Dang looking better than ever, Kota. Dylan you look like a trash bag as always." He said grinning like a child.

"I'm not going to say anything because you're taking care of our kids." Dylan said. 

They were grown men, but acted like kids.

I rolled my eyes at the both of them and kissed my kids and so did Dylan.

We made out way outside the house, and as soon as we stepped outside Dylan caught me off guard by yelling "OH FREEDOM HOW I MISSED YOU!"

"You're an idiot." I chuckled.

"Don't get me wrong I love my kids, but god they drain the life out of me. Plus they don't let me have alone time with you. C'mon lets go!" 

Dylan grabbed my hand and rushed me to the car. We started making our way towards Downtown. 

"So where are we going?" I asked him as he drove.

"It's a surprise." He said and placed his hand in my thigh. Suddenly, I started feeling  a little hot. It has been a while since we have been intimate. I was definitely looking forward to some real alone time with him. 

"C'mon just tell me." I begged and gave him my best puppy eyes and pout.

"As cute as you are begging me right now I'm going to have you begging for something else tonight." He smirked.

"HA HA you're so funny." I said sticking my tongue and rolling eyes.

"Patience, baby. We are almost there." He said. 

We both stayed in silence. It was a comfortable silence simply enjoying each other presence especially after everything we have been through.

"We're here!" He chirped.

"No way!" I said.

"C'mon baby I just rented out this entire ice rink for us!" 

I felt like a kid at a candy store. This is what I loved about Dylan. He paid attention to the small details. One night months ago, we were having a conversation and he asked me what I really wanted to do and I said learn how to ice skate and here we are. 

I could not love this man anymore.