Sacrifice (Avengers x reader)

It was just supposed to be a normal mission; in and out. That's what you thought, anyway.

In the current time you were sitting in a wheelchair, waiting for the others to get back from a mission.

I suppose I should explain what happened to you.

*3 weeks prior*

HYDRA was still after Bucky - trying to find him; alive or dead. The Avengers, including yourself, had agreed to help him (you and Steve more happily then the others)

The organization known as HYDRA sent their finest men to take back their most powerful weapon, The Winter Soldier.

After suiting up, you all went in, ready for a nasty fight. Everything was going as planned. None of you were hurt and it seemed that you were winning.

Steve, Tony, and Bucky were standing together, killing men left and right. Clint and Natasha were farther away, killing enemies from far off. Thor was near Bruce, who had been in his Hulk form.

You were close by, three HYDRA soldiers shooting at you. You killed them with ease, your excitement growing.

That was until you saw the small metal ball roll near your friends. You immediately recognized it as a small bomb. Your eyes widened as you saw none of the Avengers noticed it. You broke in to a sprint, running towards the bomb.

Bucky saw you first, his eyes widened slightly. You grabbed the bomb in your fist and started to run away from the scene. You couldn't risk your friends getting hurt.

Your powers included being able to run fast, which made getting away easier.

"Y/N!" Bucky's gruff voice called, trying to get you to come back.

"Y/N! What the hell are you doing?" Natasha called, which you ignored.

You thought you'd made it in time. You thought you would be able to dispose of it. That all changed when a HYDRA soldier spotted you and shot you in your side, causing you to fall. The bomb rolled back a bit, a few feet away from your legs and feet.

You had fallen unconscious before you could hear the bomb go off.

~~~

You woke up to what seemed to be years later, sweat dripping down your pale face.

An indescribable pain had spread throughout your whole body. You were laying in a hospital bed, but something felt different. You knew something was wrong. You had woken up in the hospital part of Stark Tower countless of times.

You slowly peeled off the bedsheets, but once you did, you wanted to scream.

Your legs were gone. They were replaced with metal, bionic legs. Shakily, you reached down to touch them.

Suddenly, the names of your friends rose in your throat. You screamed and called for them, begging for them to help you.

*Present Time*

You had struggled throughout your whole recovery. You couldn't do anything but sit around and watch TV.

You heard the elevator ding, your friends finally back.

"Hey, Y/N." Steve smiled as he approached you.

"HELLO LADY Y/N." Thor's booming voice called out.

"How are you doing?" Tony asked, putting a hand on your shoulder. Bucky came over and sat on the couch next to you. You shrugged in response to Tony.

Clint appeared next to you, sighing sadly, "Don't be so sad, Y/N. Nothing has changed. You're still the same person we knew before."

Suddenly, you got angry. You hands clenched into fists as you glared at him. "What do you mean nothing has changed?! Everything has changed! I can't come on missions anymore!" You sniffled, looking down. "I'm useless." Tears stream down your face.

Bruce kneeled in front of your wheelchair, his eyes holding sadness, "Y/N. You're not useless. Soon you'll be able to walk again. It will just take time and patience."

"You have to tell us how you're feeling, lady Y/N." Thor's voice was surprisingly quiet.

"We can help." Natasha smiled at you.

Bucky slowly reached for your hand with his metal arm. Slowly, making sure he didn't hurt you, he gripped it. "We're always here to talk." His voice was softer and gentler than it usually was.

"Always remember that we love you." Tony smile was gentle.

"Always and forever." They said in unison.

Smiling through your tears, which were now caused by the joy and happiness you were feeling, said "I love you guys too."