Metal (Avengers x reader)

You had always been the 'odd' child. You had no powers, as far as you knew. All you had were 4 prosthetic, metal limbs. You had been born to two HYDRA scientists. When they had found that you had came into this world without the limbs that other people had, they used it to their advantage. You had to undergo painful experiments and tests throughout your life. They had fused metal prosthetics on to your body. This had caused your legs and arms to be 10 times stronger than an average humans.

At the young age of 15, HYDRA sent you on your first mission.

You hated your life; yourself. You had killed countless innocents. You had destroyed the lives of many. But you had to comply. You had no where else to go. No one else to go to.

That is, until the Avengers and ex HYDRA assassin Bucky Barnes had taken over the base that you resided in when you were 27 years old.

When it happened, you had been locked up in the cell that you had for so long called your home. The iron man had blasted down the wall, startling you. Standing up, you backed up against a wall, eyes wide as you stared at the man in the metal suit.

He approached you slowly, being sure to keep a small distance. "Hey. Look, I'm here help-" he reached out to touch your shoulder, causing you to panic. Your hand shot up and grabbed his, cracking the metal with your strength. He pulled back and aimed his hand towards you. A blue light glowed as the repulser charged.

You glanced at your hand with wide eyes. "I-I'm sorry. Please don't hurt me." It hurt to talk, since it was a very rare occasion that you were allowed to.

His hand faltered down a little, but it was still facing you. Another man in a red, white, and blue outfit and shield walked in behind the man in the suit.

"Hey. Stark, put it down." He turned to you. "Who are you?"

"Y/N. I-I was forced to work for HYDRA. I killed people. Innocent people. I'm sorry. I know it doesn't mean much. If you need to k-kill me, then go ahead. It's okay. Please just make it quick." You closed your eyes then, heart pounding and mind racing.

After what seemed to be a few minutes, you cracked an eye open. The two men were there, though the one in the suit had opened the helmet, revealing his face. The other one crouched down to sit in front of your shaking form.

"Have you heard of the Avengers Initiative?"

~~~

"Are you sure you'll be okay alone?" Steve asked questions as you sat on the couch, the rest of the avengers sitting around.

"Steve. It's not like I'm going to be gone for ever." You rolled your eyes slightly and chuckled. Bucky moved his arm to lay across the back of the couch.

"I know Y/N. I just, are you sure you're ready?"

"I'll be fine, Steve. Clint thinks so. Right, Clint?"

"Oh yeah. Sure." Said man spoke.

"Thanks for the help, Clint." You said sarcastically. "Bucky will tell you, Steve."

"No comment."

   Sending a glare his way, you spoke, "Goddamnit, Bucky. I thought we were friends."

   "Maybe Steve is right. I mean, there was that incident last week..." Natasha's voice was laced with concern.

   "Ugh! It was one time!"

   "Almost blew up the tower." Tony said, rolling his eyes.

   "Lady Y/N, we are doing this for your safety." Thor gave you a sympathetic glance.

   Running your hands through your hair, you sighed, "I know. And I appreciate that. But trust me, I'm going to do a lot more damage locked up here. I'll be fine, promise."

   With a grumble, Steve nodded, "Alright, but you have to be back by 6:00."

   ~~~

   Walking around the large city for 2 hours, you came across a little run down shop. The name was simple.

   'Perfect Pooches'

   Stepping inside, you were greeting by the sound of dogs barking. A lady rushed out of the back room to greet you.

   "Good afternoon!" She exclaimed with a grin, "How may I help you?"

   "I was......I just......i would like to look at your dogs. Please."

   The lady held her hand out, and you hesitantly grabbed hers. She gave you a confused glance upon seeing and feeling your prosthetic. Embarrassed, you looked at the floor.

   "I have the perfect dog for you."

   ~~~

   The dog was small. The first thing you noticed were the wheels that the stumps of its back legs were connected to. It rolled on them and pulled with its front.

   "This. This is Blue. He's a Australian Sheagle." The lady smiled as the dog rolled around.

   Crouching down on your legs, you watched the dog with curiosity. When Blue noticed you watching him, he rolled over to you and put his front legs on your knees. You had to hold him so he wouldn't roll away.

   The dog yipped and licked at your face. You smiled slightly, not even turning to look at the lady as you said in a voice that was almost a whisper.

   "I want him."

   ~~~

   "Hey! Back so soon?" Tony came in the room as you entered, a red, white, and blue sprinkled donut in hand and a fuming Steve following close behind him.

   "Uh, yeah."

   "What's in the cage?" Clint asked from behind you, reaching for it. You quickly moved out of the way, keeping the crate from his reach.

   "I'll show you if you go sit your grabby ass down, Clint." He chuckled and held his hands up in defense.

   Walking over to the couch that sat in front of a large flat screen TV, you set the cage next to you. Bucky sat down on your left, and Natasha to the right of the cage.

   "What's-" an excited yap echoed through the room, causing everyone to stop dead in their tracks.

   "That isn't-" Wanda had a ghost of a smile on her face.

   "You didn't." Tony's eyes were wide.

   "She did." Bucky laughed, peeking inside the cage.

   Unlatching the locks, you swung the door open. Reaching in, you pulled the tiny puppy out. No one spoke or said anything about the wheels.

   "This is Blue. I, uh, hope you don't mind. I couldn't help it. He was so cute and....I just....the lady there said no one else would take him. I was hoping we could make some prosthetics for him. Tony?"

    You knew Tony wouldn't be able to resist the dog. You looked over at him, seeing his eyes soften and a ghost of a smile appear on his face.

   "You bet, kiddo."