Love is for children (Natasha x reader)

You were madly in love with Natasha Romanoff.

Everything about her was amazing, in your mind. She was unbelievably gorgeous, outstandingly smart, and just outright awesome. Everytime you were in her presence, your heart would beat a million times a minute.

So here you were, sitting amongst the team and playing a harmless game of truth or dare.

That was, until Tony asked Natasha a questions after she picked truth.

"So, Romanoff, you have a crush on anybody?" Tony smirks, raising his brow at the assassin suggestively.

With a scoff, Natasha frowned, "Of course not, Stark. Love is for children."

And that was the moment your heart shattered in two. The moment you knew you didn't stand a chance to win over Natasha.

Tony looked over at you, eyes sympathetic. He was your brother, after all. You told him everything. Including your crush on Nat.

Clearing your throat, you stood from your spot awkwardly, "Um, ya know, I'm getting kind of tired. I think I'm going to head in for the night." And with that you left, despite the protests from everyone else.

Quickly making it back to your room, you sat upon your bed, face in hands. You didn't even realize as the tears spilled over your eyelids, staining your cheeks.

"Hey Y/N? Is everything okay?" You heard Tony's voice on the other side of the door.

"Oh yeah, Tony. You can come in." You replied through sniffles.

And with that he opened the door slowly, eyes widening when he saw the tears.

"Kiddo, I doubt she really meant what she sad. Don't be upset with her. Natasha doesn't really like to express her feelings." He sat next to you, slinging his arm over your shoulder.

"I'm not upset with her," you whispered, leaning closer to him, "I'm more upset with myself. I didn't have the guts to tell her, it's not her fault she doesn't recognize my feelings for her."

Tony smiled softly, "It's never too late to talk to her, Y/N. You never know."

"Listen, she already said-"

"That's just what I think." He grinned, "You'll never know 'till you try."

And with that, he was gone."

~~~

"Hey, Nat?" You asked, sliding into the training room sheepishly.

"Oh, hey, Y/N." She smiled at the sight of you, "Want to train?" She gestured towards the mat in the middle of the room.

"Um, not at the moment. I actually came here to tell you something."

Peeling off the bandages from her hands, she looked at you. "Well, shoot."

Taking a deep breath, you started. "I know you may not feel the same way, and I'm okay with that. I just really need to get this out there." Pausing, you turned towards the ground, "I love you, Natasha Romanoff. I love you with all my heart." Once you heard her laugh, your heart shattered. You turned to walk away.

"Hey! Wait!" She grabbed your shoulder and spun you around, pulling you in for a kiss. It was soft and sweet, which heavily surprised you.

When the two of you broke apart, she smiled, "What I said last night didn't mean a thing. Do you think I would admit anything in front of those jackasses?" Laughing slightly, she continued, "I love you too, Y/N."

And with that you grinned, hugging her and holding her close.

Oh, were you madly in love with Natasha Romanoff.