Im sorry (Tony Stark x reader) pt. 2

"No." Tony hugged you, tears streaming down his cheeks, "Don't be sorry, sweetheart. There is nothing to be sorry for." But by then, you had stopped listening, for your heart had stopped beating.

When Tony noticed, his whole world was destroyed before him. He was internally pleading for this all to be a nightmare. For him to wake up and see you in the kitchen, brewing coffee for the whole team, like you usually did.

   "Y/N. Come on, baby! No, no.......it'll be okay. It'll be okay. Everything is going to be okay for you. I promise." He lay your head on his lap, the tears clouding his vision.

   Blinking them away, he gazed down at your face. Your eyes were still open, staring up at him, although your gaze was now emotionless and cold. He used his fingers to close the lids, covering your (eye color) orbs. Your lips were slighting parted, cracked and covered in blood. Your once colorful cheeks were now pale and rid of life. Streaks of tears were drying on your face.

   Tony closed his eyes, trying to remember how this had even happened. Why had Cap and him been fighting, anyway? His mind seemed to rid of those thoughts as his head filled with images and memories of you.

    "I'm sorry, Y/N. So sorry."

   ~~~

   Your funeral was simple; just as you had requested it to be. Who knew that you only had to get yourself killed to bring the team back together.

   Well, almost.

   No one would talk to each other. Or look each other in the eye, for that matter.

   When they were all able to say their final goodbyes, they each took their time, whispering things to your lifeless body. As if that would help them; telling you whatever they needed to in your last moments before you would be put to rest.

   Wanda went up first, asking you to please take care of her brother, Pietro, wherever he may be. Before she turned away, she broke out in sobs, her power flying from her hands as her emotions took control. She was quickly escorted away by Vision, who was trying his best to sooth her.

   Next was Natasha and Clint, who had both came up together, holding each other's hand in an attempt to support the other. Natasha told you how she would always miss you. And how she loved you more than anything. After she was done, she walked away, not turning back to look at your face again.

   Clint told you, in a quiet voice, that his wife was pregnant with a baby girl. He knew, from the moment your last breath escaped your lips, what his daughters name was going to be.

   After they left, Steve and Bucky came. They both thanked you for everything you had done for them. Bucky thanked you especially for standing up for him. When he had left, Steve stayed a moment longer to tell you that he would put his differences aside and help Tony through whatever he was going to. He said sorry once more, before kissing your forehead and turning to walk away.

   And then came Tony, walking slowly, almost scared to see you again.

   "Hey, Y/N," he shakily took a breath, closing his eyes. "I'm sorry. I know I've said that a lot, but I truly am. Not for just what happened, but..." He hesitated, leaning down closer to you. "There was some stuff I never told you. I guess I regret it now."

   "For starters, I threw away that Captain America trading card collection you had. I guess I was just jealous. Hey, who would have thought that the Tony Stark was jealous over some dumb old cards." Looking down at the ground, he felt the tears start to well in his eyes once again, "Another thing I never told you. Y/N, I love you. I-I guess I should have said something earlier, huh?" Clearing his throat, he continued, "But, now it's too late. And I'm so sorry for that. I screwed up.

   I'm so, so sorry."