eight

eight—

the next morning, memories of the day before hit him in the head like a smack to the face. rose was dead. soonbok was responsible. and he was in prison instead of her. jungkook explained tons of things to him, and it was actually safe to say, he wasn't too fearful of being at the prison anymore.

jungkook was a nice guy and he seemed like he understood everything jimin had gone through. so he was glad that he was to have a person like him around him all the time.

last night while they had begun to settle down to sleep, jungkook made jimin swear that he wouldn't attempt to harm or kill him in his sleep because they had to sleep in the same cell as part of the prison conduct, and he just couldn't completely trust him yet. jimin respected that and agreed. if he didn't swear to jungkook and refused, he had said that his alternative was to be handcuffed to the bed. and obviously jimin didn't want that at all. so he swore.

today was the first day he would officially start being a prisoner and follow his set schedule. from what jungkook told him, his first activity was his dance class.

jimin hadn't expected prison to be like normal life, but then again if prisoners were to be here for a long time they would practically be living here. sentences lasted from months to years here so they needed something to keep them occupied. thus it becoming normal life for them.

jungkook went and got his bag of clothes for him, then they left the cell. jungkook had a hand on jimin's forearm, directing him with gentle pulls and pushes as they headed in the direction of the dance room.

jungkook had said that the reason he was having dance class was because the people who put together his file had looked into his background. they discovered jimin took dance classes every saturday, so they had put him in the one here. jungkook also said his whole schedule was entirely based off of observations from his father. he would look into jimin's file and history, and put together something that defined him as a person, based off of only what he found. jimin's only conclusion was that jungkooks father was the most mysterious person he had ever heard of.

the dance class came and went by faster than jimin would have liked. the instructor was friendly despite his intimidating demeanor, and the people there had actually been quite nice as well. that was excluding the few prisoners than shot him occasional dirty looks.

after that, it was time for lunch. jimin hadn't eaten at all since yesterday morning so the fact that he was finally getting to put something in his system made his spirits lift considerably.

jungkook pulled him into the cafeteria, and sent him off towards the line to get his food. jimin was about to ask what he was going to eat but the other had vanished from his side. jimin looked around for him, but he was long gone. with a sigh, he turned back to the line and began heading towards the food.

jimin grabbed the few things that looked appealing to him and then looked around for a table. it was like there was a completely different group of people at each table. most of them looked like the types of groups you shouldn't mess with, so jimin settled on the table in the back with one guy sitting at it.

sliding around the tables full of burly men, he approached the empty table. the one guy looked like he was waiting for someone or at least not going to eat unless someone else sat down with him. so jimin tapped him on the shoulder, carefully balancing his tray of food in his hands.

the guy turned around. jimin couldn't tell before because his back had been turned, but he guy was actually around his age. he had a long face, a sharp nose, and basically looked like he shouldn't be in here. just like jimin.