twenty eight

twenty eight—

there was a little something new going on in the prison. something that jungkook's father was allowing just for today. based on the security footage, whoever you have been seen hanging out with, you are allowed to spend the day with them. of course everyone went through around five background checks the day before, and the entire building had been scoured for weapons of any kind or tools in the prisoners possession. if such precautions were never put into place who knew what could go wrong.

but either way, everyone was allowed a lenient day consisting of- a day free of schedules, and the treat of being with so-called 'prison buddies'.

which for jungkook and jimin, were the duo's of taehyung and hoseok, and namjoon and jin.

of course they would have invited yoongi, but he was seen with chanyeol in the midst of a large group of nine or so guys. so they figured he would be fine without them for the day. plus he had declined their offer too.

jimin had been stressing the whole morning about the day before, when jungkook had climbed into bed and spooned him, mainly because they hadn't talked about it at all, and it made jimin anxious that he still didn't know what exactly jungkook was thinking, and what he thought about him. or what that spooning session was supposed to mean.

"hey jimin you ready?" jungkook asked behind him. they were supposed to head to the rec-yard to meet up with the others, then they would go somewhere private and do whatever it was they were supposed to do when hanging out.

"g-give me a second..." jimin situated his clothes again and glanced behind him to make sure jungkook still wasn't peeking. "okay done," jimin finally turned around and looked at jungkook readily. jungkook turned his head to him and a smile graced his face.

"then let's go." he spoke smoothly, and pushed open the cell door for him. shyly, jimin ducked his head and left the cell first with jungkook following close behind. they began walking down the halls, jimin casting quick glances at jungkook to see if he would say anything. but he never did. soon enough jimin's thoughts wandered and a question popped up in his head.

"i-im just wondering, but do you have any idea where we can go when we meet up with the guys?" jimin asked the other.

"i have an idea where we could take them. since i trust them a lot too it would be a nice thing to show them," jungkook directed his eyes to jimin now. jimin avoided his gaze, being shy and all because of yesterday.

"w-where is that?"

when jungkook didn't answer, he looked over at him and saw him with furrowed brows and staring hard at the air in front of him. he noticed jimin looking at him and seemed to hide whatever he had been thinking behind the blank expression that covered his face so often.

the shorter sighed and looked away. he wouldn't pester him about it, because he might come off as annoying. even if he wanted to know what was going on in that brain of his.

a little over ten minutes passed and the two pushed open the doors and into the rec-yard. the moment jungkook stepped outside, everyone turned their heads to look at him. jimin glanced at the other, and noticed he was making it pretty obvious that he didn't care at all if they stared.

looking back out across the crowd, jimin spotted hoseok waving his arms wildly in the air and jin holding up a random peace sign with his fingers to get their attention.

"there they are," jimin muttered and began heading in his friends direction. jungkook followed, glaring at anybody who dared to look at jimin like prey. of course there weren't many to even attempted to lay their eyes on jimin.

"jimin-ah!" hoseok jumped on jimin and engulfed him in a bone crushing hug.

"h-hyung i can't breath.." jimin wheezed, and hoseok quickly pulled away and flashed him an apologetic smile.

"so you survived," taehyung sighed and slung an arm over jimin's shoulders, "im glad. im pretty sure jungkook whooped their asses didn't he?" taehyung shot jungkook a grin and wiggled his eyebrows. jungkook didn't return the gesture, instead he continued to stare taehyung down, occasionally taking a glance at the arm that was around him.

jimin noticed this and quickly grew uncomfortable being in the middle of the group.

"jimin-ah you're okay!" jin knocked taehyung out of the way and grabbed him, examining him all over for injuries. when he was finished, he hugged jimin as well. "glad to know you're better."

namjoon standing beside jin, gave jimin a smile which he happily returned.

"so jungkook where are we going?" namjoon asked him. jungkook stared for one more second at taehyung before looking away and breathing a sigh.

"well, ive known you guys for a pretty long time and i trust you all a lot. more than i would the average prisoner, so im taking you guys someplace special. ive already shown jimin but im sure he'll be glad to be back there." jungkook smiled graciously at them, making them return the grin with happy hearts. he then gestured for the group to follow him.

"wait you've already shown jimin this place and not me?!" taehyung exclaimed and ran after jungkook who had begun to speed up at this point to get away from him. "yah!"

the rest of them chuckled and ran after the two to keep up, and jimin then knew where he had planned for them to go. jimin suddenly felt an unsettling twinge in his chest as he watched taehyung jump on jungkooks back and start yelling at him. he tried to ignore it, but the feeling of unhappiness only grew as jungkook suddenly grinned widely and hoisted him up higher on his back.

"cmon you slow pokes!" taehyung shouted and jungkook started striding away in the direction of their destination. namjoon and jin groaned in protest, but sped up in order to keep up with the two. hoseok himself looked a bit sad, but he started running faster to keep up as well, with jimin following lastly after them all.

jimin wondered why hoseok looked so crestfallen, but it wasn't his business so he wouldn't ask. that seemed to be happening a lot these days. him noticing how troubled others are but not saying anything. but what could he really do? in the meantime, he had his own problem to worry about.

the jealousy that had started to consume his heart.

//this chapter was a mess but who am i kidding- am i the only one that has an existential crisis everyday?

and where are you guys from??