twenty seven

twenty seven—

"taehyung!" a voice called. the said person didn't answer, he just continued to look over the files he had to sort. it wasn't that he didn't want to answer, he just couldn't. he had to get this done in order for hoseok to be safe. despite the guilt gnawing at his stomach he would just have to ignore hoseok for his own greater good.

"taehyungie!" hoseok whined once again, this time hoseok reached out and grabbed his arm. taehyung looked from the paper he was currently scribbling down words on to hoseoks hand, and then back to the paper. he might not be able to keep up with this for that much longer if hoseok persisted in calling him by his nickname.

hoseok jerked his hand away from him and crossed his arms, huffing in frustration. he stomped back over to his bed and sat down to pout.

"taehyung isn't talking to me..." hoseok mumbled. "does he hate me?" he watched taehyung urgently scribbling down words and numbers, filing codes and organizing names in alphabetical order without hoseok's name being among them.

taehyung on the other hand had gotten so consumed by his work that he didn't notice the small tears building up in hoseoks eyes. fake ones maybe, but not completely. he was feeling unwanted.

"hey, taehyungie..." hoseok sniffled. "you don't hate me do you?" that was when taehyung froze, his hand ceasing any of the action it been previously doing.

he dropped his pencil and turned around in his seat, looking at hoseok in bewilderment. when he saw the tears trickling down hoseoks cheeks, he went over and swooped the other into his arms. taehyung pulled hoseok close and murmured soft words of comfort to him.

"no... no, no, no. hoseok i don't hate you," he spoke. "why would you think that? i would never ever hate you." hoseok slowly pulled away from taehyung's chest and looked up at him. the taller set his hands on hoseoks cheeks and used the pads of his thumbs to wipe away the trails of tears left upon them. "why would you think that, hm?"

this behavior, hugging chest to chest and comforting each other, wasn't in the abnormal. in fact it was completely normal. most people when you look at them you would think they are a couple, but indeed they were not. taehyung wished for the opposite however.

"y-you were ignoring me... s-so i thought that you hated me because i was annoying," hoseok hiccuped. taehyung brought the other back into another embrace of his and wrapped his arms around him.

"no, hoseok. i don't hate you, i never would." taehyung murmured reassurance close to his ear in a hushed tone.

"t-then why were you ignoring me?" hoseok asked. taehyung wondered in his mind if he should tell him the reason he had been so urgently working on the files on the desk.

for the truth was that he was supposed to be transferred to a different prison soon due to unknown reasons and taehyung did not want him to go. at all. not one bit. so he had asked the warden for permission to alter the records and get the okay for hoseok to stay. hoping it was okay to ask of something so sneaky because of his close relationship with jungkook and the warden he was still antsy. with a sincere thankfulness bubbling at his surface, he let him.

taehyung didn't want hoseok to go at all so he had been in such a rush to get it all done quickly. also the prison that hoseok was supposed to be transferred to was a military prison that has harsh treatment, and they didn't tolerate the weak. he feared for hoseok's wellbeing, him being all too optimistic and goofy, at the other prison so this was all for his protection as well.

and he hadn't been able to admit it yet, but he had actually fallen for the older. and the thought of no hoseok and knowing he would only be treated badly somewhere else brought him sadness and agitation. so he would damn well try his hardest to prevent hoseok from being moved away from him.

"hoseok, the reason i wasn't answering you was because i was so focused on working on the files over there," taehyung said. he set a hand on the others head and ran his hand through the soft strands. it been been forever since becoming hoseok's guard, but the tufts remained fluffy and pillowy as ever.

"why? you could have been focused on me." hoseok pointed at himself with a pout, sniffing again. taehyung smiled softly and looked at the others face.

"those files will prevent you from leaving. i know you're being transferred and i..." taehyung sighed. "i don't want you to go. i would miss you too much." hoseok looked at him in surprise.

"i didn't think you would care about me leaving... you never talk to me outside of this cell after all." hoseok said and looked down sadly. taehyung frowned and lifted hoseok's head by the chin.

"do you know why i would miss you so much? why i never want you to leave me?" taehyung whispered to him, sending goosebumps up and down his arms.

"w-why tae?" hoseok whispered back. and before he knew it, taehyung had planted a small kiss on hoseok's forehead.

"because i love you, hoseok," taehyung murmured. his voice was so gentle and melodious the way he said it, it made hoseok's mouth drop open slightly. taehyung rested his forehead against hoseok's own and smiled cheekily at him. hoseok teared up once again and burst into tears immediately, this time completely real, after his failed attempt to hold them in. he cried into taehyungs chest while taehyung hugged him close, murmuring soothing words to him once more.

"why are you crying baby?" taehyung asked softly, caressing the others cheek. hoseok wiped at his messy nose and smiled up at him despite him being such a mess.

"because... im so happy..." hoseok laughed and wiped his tears away. "i love you too." taehyung smiled and draped an arm over his shoulder, pulling him close once again.

"good to know babe." taehyung pulled him in and kissed him on the lips. it was soft and gentle but it soon grew to a bit more of a heated level where they were battling each other for a sort of control over the other. and of course taehyung won, him being the way he is. they pulled away breathless and in need of air, faint smiles plastered on bruised lips.

it was a relief to taehyung to know that hoseok held the same feelings towards him as he did to hoseok. this all reminded him of the awkward times in the past when they would be alone, following up on their schedule and doing things that made their feelings pretty obvious now that he looked back.

taehyung smiled again, eyes traveling up to the ceiling. it was a prison, but he was happy. and for once he was glad to have applied for this job. because heaven forbid if he hadn't met hoseok.

//you g uy s i just wanted to write a sincere thank you for wasting your time here reading, voting, commenting when you could be doing anything else in the world & i wanted to wish you all the utmost amazing day/night, month, year with plenty of good memories with all your loved ones whether that be family, friends, or simply the only thing that makes you happy like watching sunsets or making coffee idk what tf it is ,,, everyone i hope you're eating well and sleeping right and taking care of yourself remember you're all your own person and you shouldn't change to try and be someone else and most of all just be happy you know??¿ idk you angels but just an ultra thankyou and much love to you all