twenty three

twenty three—

it had been two days since jungkook had planned jongin and chen's departure from the prison. during that time, jimin had stayed at jungkooks house. and it had been pretty fun for him. the times they woke up and cooked breakfast together, laughing at the jokes they cracked. and the few times that jungkook was able to get his tv working, they would settle down in front of it and watch whatever was on together. and they had gotten much closer in the process.

but sadly, their time in the same house was coming to an end. they would have to move back to jimins cell now that he was completely healed from his brawl with jongin.

and now it was time for lunch.

jimin was happy because he could finally see his other friends and how they were doing after the jongin incident. he wanted to know if they were okay or if they heard anything.

"you seem pretty happy today," jungkook mumbled.

"i get to see hoseok and jin. my life without them would be boring so of course im happy about seeing them." jimin said back to him. jungkook rolled his eyes.

"remember that there is also the possibility of them not being there. they could have gotten bailed out or something." jungkook said. he pushed open the cafeteria door and let jimin go in first.

as soon as he stepped inside, he scanned the room for his friends. and there they were. sitting where they normally do. jimin huffed in frustration and smacked jungkooks chest as he stepped inside after him.

"they're right there! don't make me worried like that!" jimin pointed at his friends table. jungkook smiled as he looked at his friends.

"yes they are," he nodded. "now go get your food and sit down. i think ill sit with you guys this time anyways, so save me a spot." jimin looked at him in surprise.

"really?" jungkook nodded once again.

"yeah, now go," jungkook pushed jimin in the direction of the buffet and disappeared to go get his own food. grumbling to himself, he went over to the buffet and got in line. he snatched a tray into his hands, got his food, and then began heading towards his table.

"jimin!" hoseok exclaimed with a wide smile and hopped up from his spot and tackled him with a hug. jimin smiled and hugged him back after carefully maneuvering his tray of food to the table. "you're okay!" the two pulled away and jimin nodded.

"im better now, yeah." he said.

"you completely disappeared for a few days! we got worried! but there were a few rumors that you were in the hall with jongin... were they true?" hoseok looked at him quizzically. he genuinely looked like he wanted to know if this overturned statement was factual proof that something was going on.

"well..." jimin trailed off, wondering if he should tell him about the encounter. when suddenly out of nowhere, jungkook slides into the spot beside jimin.

"jungkook!" taehyung blurted out immediately. "you're sitting with us!" he leapt across the table and hugged jungkook tightly. jungkook didn't look happy but he pat taehyungs back in response.

"yeah i am." the two pulled away and jungkook settled down with his tray of food. hoseok and jin stared at jungkook in surprise. "are you guys gonna say something or stare?" jungkook groaned. jin grinned and hoseok began tearing up in exaggeration.

"im glad you're doing better after what happened." jin said, sniffing and adding a watery shake to his tone, most likely to emphasize how much they really missed their younger friend. jungkook raised a hand.

"im long over that jin. it's what has been happening recently that has me keeping my distance," jungkook spoke with a leery sigh. jin raised a brow.

"and what is that?"

"let's just say it's a plan to get jongin out of here." hoseok and jin's eyes went wide, namjoon who was beside jin also looked bewildered. taehyung only nodded.

"i figured you'd do something like that soon jungkook. if i was you id be sick of all of jongins crap. all the rumors he spreads about you and the hate he stirs up, and most of all id be sick of the stares. like you're some animal." taehyung held a fork in his hand, swirling it around in his styrofoam bowl of chili. his lips were puckered, and jimin couldn't help but notice the set of his eyes. from a happy curve like usual, to a grim straight line as they stared downwards.

jungkook tensed up, gritting his teeth together and hands gripping the silverware tightly. jimin looked at him in confusion, and for once he glanced around them. it looked and felt like everyone in the entire cafeteria was staring directly at their table. directly at jungkook.

"yeah you're right i am sick of it." jungkook mumbled, and poked the corner of his tray with a knife. "but i just want you guys to know he'll be gone soon and you won't have to worry about being alone anywhere anymore."

jin smiled and nodded. "im glad. just be careful jungkook. we know you're not exactly as powerful as everyone thinks." jungkook let out a hearty laugh when he heard jins words.

"yeah im not invincible. but i can break everybody here," jungkook smirked. jin rolled his eyes, leaving hoseok to awkwardly smile to himself.

"don't say that. you sound crazy." taehyung chuckled. "even though it's true." namjoon also laughed a bit, and they all settled into a nice conversation, completely oblivious to the massive variety of stares they were being given. after awhile jungkook leaned down to jimins ear and began whispering to him.

"like i said, im not invincible. and that's why not everybody in this prison is afraid of me. so that's why whenever we are asleep in the cell, make sure to be careful. i assure you we will have company tonight since it's your first night back into the cell." jungkook murmured lowly, "jongin has been giving me the look, so just be careful."

jimin nodded, glancing at jongin who was a few tables behind him. there he saw jongin glaring evilly at them. a shiver ran down his spine and he looked away.

"he seems pissed," jimin whispered to him. jungkook nodded and grinned.

"he must have heard about the plan." jungkook chuckled, "too bad he can't do anything about it."

jimin smiled softly at jungkook, "and i won't have to worry about being beat up anymore." jungkook furrowed his brows at jimins words.

"but i would protect you. i wouldn't leave your side unless you made me." jungkook grinned cheekily. "if im around, jongin will never hurt you." jimin flushed a bright red and looked away.

"im glad to have you around then," he mumbled. jungkook chuckled.

"good. because im not leaving anytime soon." and jimin flushed a darker shade of red.

"hey! why is jimin so red?" hoseok asked, and jin looked across the table. he saw how jungkook was laughing to himself and how flustered jimin was, and he broke out into a large grin.

"jimin, are you okay?" namjoon asked. jimin stared at his hands which were resting in his lap, his face still flushed.

he was fine. he was just happy.

//how does one do willpower¿??