thirty five

thirty five—

laundry littered the floor, shirts and uniforms scattered and thrown to random places throughout the room. hoseok just stared, jaw dropped at the mess. he didn't do this. no one around could have, they wouldn't.

he was frustrated at this predicament. wondering who messed up his laundry station and who was such a coward to leave before hoseok even got there. he wanted desperately to stomp out into the main laundry room and shout for everyone's attention and force the culprit to show themselves. yet he wouldn't because he knew it wasn't worth it.

so he bent over and began cleaning up the clothes that would need to be once again thrown into the wash for an extra round of cleaning. he poured the detergent in and slammed the circular door shut, grumbling to himself.

he was definitely still pissed, and would probably still be pretty pissed by the end of the day. but him being the cheerful person he is, brushed it off. taking in a deep breath and exhaling. he would just finish his job and get back to taehyung who always listened to his problems when he needed someone.

at the thought of his boyfriend he smiled. he picked up a basket of clean clothes and balanced it between his hip and his arm as he left his room to take it to the folders down the hall. taehyung was really something. he had his unique smile and playful personality. his low laugh and shyness of beer. it was all just part of why he loved the guy so much.

hoseok dumped the fresh clothes into the hamper at the front of the folders room by the door, the comforting smell of cleanliness wafting into his nose. then he left the room to his own area once again.

he had always thought his job was fairly easy, and he was glad to have it. he had heard of other jobs like kitchen duty and assistant duty, even labor duty. which he heard jimin had. hoseok often hoped jimin was alright and safe because of the fights and scuffles he had found himself in ever since he stepped foot in this prison. but he had jungkook to protect him. and it gave him a peace of mind to know his friends would fine and could stand a storm.

after all, chen had been transferred away. hoseok had actually witnessed the transaction fall through. watching from afar as chen actually resisted and try to get away from the officers that were attempting to shove him into a van, but he was eventually slammed inside, his head pushed under the roof and body shoved forward.

jongin was also out. hoseok didn't know the details but jongin seemed kinda happy as he walked down the halls, preparing to leave this place. he wore the gait of a joyous man, with a bounce to his step.

but hoseok wanted to leave too. he really did. he often wondered how his friends would react when he got out, and what his family would say. of course he expected them to still be disappointed in him for going to jail, but it wasn't an actual crime he had done. just danced a little too close for comfort, that's all.

and he wanted to leave with taehyung at his side. he wanted to spend time with him outside bars and being watched by cameras and guards. he really wanted to get out and experience what life really had to offer, not cold prison cells and stale food.

"woah hoseok, you okay there?" someone suddenly asked. hoseok hadn't realized it, but he was biting his nails and tapping his finger violently against the washer he was leaning against. his heightened senses calmed when he saw the familiar face of taehyung. taehyung walked over to him and pulled him close by his wrist.

"yeah... just thinking," hoseok mumbled. taehyung moved his index finger across his forehead, moving his hair out of the way to trace the skin under it.

"you're forehead rarely comes out," taehyung said, catching hoseok off guard. it made him laugh, burying his face in taehyung's shoulder for a moment. "what's so funny?" hoseok leaned away and smiled up at him, amusement glistening in his eyes.