fifteen

jimin looked around for his friends. searching for the familiar heads of hoseok or jin, even looking around for namjoon and taehyung.

his eyes came to a halt when he spotted the familiar shape of hoseok's round head. jimin rushed towards him, slipping around small groups of people and murmuring small excuse me's to those he may have disturbed.

he tapped hoseok on the shoulder and breathed a sigh of relief, happy to have found his friend so quickly. hoseok turned around swiftly and his lips formed into a smile when he saw jimin.

"jimin-ah!" hoseok exclaimed. "i haven't seen you out here at all before!" jimin chuckled and smiled at jin who was beside him.

"yeah jimin! where have you been all this time?" jin asked him. jimin sighed as his memories of the bathroom came flooding back and the infirmary incident along with them.

"ah, you don't want to know," jimin said, stepping backwards to lean on his leg. hoseok and jin exchanged a glance and nodded.

"okay," jin spoke.

"so where's tae and namjoon-hyung?" jimin wondered. jin jerked a thumb backwards, pointing at a basketball court that jimin just noticed.

"they're in the middle of a game." hoseok explained, "but it should be over soon." jimin scanned the court for the two guards and spotted them towards the other end of the concrete court. they were currently in the middle of trying to get the ball and shoot it into the basket.

jimin followed the ball, watching as a guy with blonde dyed hair suddenly grabbed the ball with one hand and dunked it into the basket with a thud. as the ball swished through the net, he fell to the ground. the rest of his team erupted into cheers while the opposite team walked away mumbling amongst themselves.

the blonde haired guy grinned and turned around to high five and celebrate with his team. which was mainly compromised of namjoon, taehyung, and a few other guys jimin didn't know. the guys went to the bench and chugged water bottles down before heading in their direction.

"good job tae!" hoseok cheered and jumped on him with a laugh. he tousled the younger's hair and beamed a bright smile at him. taehyung glanced away from him and smiled as well, a hint of a blush dusted across his cheeks.

"thanks hyung," he mumbled.

"oh jimin! i didn't know you came out here." namjoon spoke and approached him. jimin nodded with a laugh.

"that's what jin and hoseok were saying. but some stuff happened so i couldn't come out here for awhile." jimin explained his absence, glancing at the guy beside him.

"oh well it's nice to have you out here then. this is yoongi. he usually plays basketball with us and he's dating chanyeol, the tall guy in the dance class if you've ever seen him." namjoon gestured to the blonde haired guy, yoongi.

"nice to meet you," jimin said. yoongi nodded to him with a smile before walking away. jimin watched him go in confusion. "where's he going?"

"probably to go see chanyeol. he doesn't like awkward meetings with new people so he keeps them short." namjoon shrugged. jimin nodded and shifted his eyes up to namjoons face.

"well it's certainly nicer out here than i thought," jimin said. he was being completely honest when he said that. there were trees and bushes spread out in random places across the field around them. the basketball court in the very middle of the field was lined with shelves stocked with minimal supplies of other sports equipment. jimin had never expected it to be so... decent and like the real world. he only pictured a simple court and some benches but nothing like this.