nineteen

nineteen—

jimin just waited on the couch while jungkook put something together for the two of them. he didn't expect it to be some grand meal, but he happened to be pretty hungry.

"its ready jimin," jungkook popped his head around the corner and flashed jimin a smile, gesturing to the kitchen behind him. jimin looked up at him and nodded.

"okay." he stood up and followed jungkook back to where the food sat. on the counter, rested a plate with a pile of waffles piled atop it. it was safe to say that there was enough for them both to be happily full. "wow, you can have these here?" jimin asked. jungkook nodded and set the plate in the middle of the table, alongside a bottle of syrup.

"yeah. my dad lets me have normal food other than the prison food here." jungkook said and pulled his chair out, looking at jimin as he sat down. jimin sat in the chair across from him and swallowed the saliva that had collected in his mouth.

jungkook was lucky. the normal food in the prison cafeteria was stale bread, minimal fruits and vegetables, and other meats to choose from. sometimes whatever the meal for the day was, you had no choice but to eat it. so the fact that they were eating waffles with fresh syrup was a steal for jimin.

jungkook reached out to the plate with his fork and pulled a few waffles onto his plate. jimin did the same, and waited for the other to finish using the syrup before covering his own waffles in the sweet flavoring.

"so what else do you get as a wardens son?" jimin asked him. there had been an awkward silence not long after they started eating and jimin didn't want it to be there. jungkook stopped eating for a moment and looked up at the ceiling in thought, also chewing a bite slowly in his mouth.

"not much. im just the wardens son. i was taught from a young age how to fight and other stuff. my dad let me have my own things because im a human too, i need my own space," he said. jimin listened, wiping some syrup on his black pants from yesterday.

"so... you're privileged?" jimin pointed out after swallowing the last of one of his waffles. jungkook chuckled lightly and also swallowed.

"no, no. don't take it all the wrong way. ive worked for everything i have." jungkook smiled. "i practically built sections of this prison when we were expanding, i worked around the clock guarding other prisoners and putting people in line. i even worked myself hard in school as i grew up, because i was practically a dumbass when it came to specific subjects." jimin raised a brow, smugly smirking at the same time.

"you had bad grades?" he asked. jungkook crossed his arms, his eyes suddenly avoiding jimin's teasing gaze.

"yes, in english and math." he grumbled. "it's still hard to me. but i don't care about that stuff now. im not in school anymore so i don't want anything to do with it." jimin giggled, raising a hand to cover his mouth as he did so.

"you must have hated school," jimin smiled. jungkook's face lit up in a smile as well, a nod rocking his head.

"didn't all kids hate it?" jungkook asked jokingly. jimin giggled once again and shook his head.

"actually no. i thought it was fun. that's why i became a teacher." jimin said. jungkook sighed and stuffed another bite of his food in his mouth.

"i almost forgot that you were a teacher." he mumbled. jimin looked at him in confusion. "and i also know that you're in here because there are lazy police officers. you barely look like the type to go to prison."

jimin looked down as he listened to his words. "so you know how i got in here?" he mumbled. jungkook stared at him from across the table, eyeing him intently.

"yeah, i do." he answered. "and i know you didn't murder that girl." jimin jerked his head up and stared jungkook in eye, shocked with his statement. how could jungkook just know?

"how did you know?" his exclamation was nearly a high pitched shriek.

"it's not that hard to figure out. you don't look like you would kill anyone first of all, and i also did some digging and i found out the girl was your favorite student. why would someone murder their favorite student?" jungkook sighed, a small shake of his head indicating he was disappointed.

"like i said. lazy police officers. thanks to them, you're stuck in here now. and you could be out there living your life normally, not in here with a guy like me and surrounded by other prisoners who have actually done horrible things in their lives."

jimin went from resting his head in his hand that was propped up against the wooden table to standing up and reaching across the table to grab jungkooks shoulders firmly.

"you know, i don't actually hate it here. because if i never came here, i would have never met hoseok or jin or taehyung or namjoon. or even yoongi. i wasn't the most social guy before coming here." he smiled with a soft expression lining his features. "and i would have never met you either."

jungkook stared at him in silence before grabbing jimins arms, and pulling them off of his shoulders. his long and delicate fingers pushed him away. after putting distance between the two, jungkook breathed a quiet sigh and looked out the window.

"yeah, you wouldn't have ever met me. but wouldn't that make your life so much better? then you wouldn't be hurt at all." jimin rolled his eyes at his reply.

"whatever you say jungkook. im glad i met you. you make my life more interesting in a way." jimin stood up and grabbed his plate, setting it in the sink.

jungkook watched him, eyes boring a hole into his back as jimin washed the plate clean of anything else left on it.

jimin was definitely different from the average. he was interesting in a way, just like he claimed jungkook was. but he didn't think jimin knew exactly how interesting he was. he was the type of interesting that you want to know more about, yet also the type of interesting to want all to yourself.

a smile appeared across his lips and he stood up as well. he grabbed his own plate and set it beside the sink, his body close behind jimins. this made him realize how much taller he was than the other.

"did you know you're short?" he asked with a smirk. he watched as jimin hunched his shoulders in embarrassment and a pout form on his lips.

"yes i know, asshole." jimin said quietly, but jungkook heard it. jungkook chuckled at his answer and stepped away from the other.

"since you're already registered in all your activities as absent, why don't i show you around?" jungkook suggested and candidly grabbed the syrup bottle from the table. he rotated it in his hands, feeling the smooth container under the pads of his fingers and then looked back up at jimin.

the other turned around from the sink. he blinked and shrugged. "sure, but we need to change you know," he pointed out. jungkook nodded.

"yeah. did i mention that you look good in my clothes?" jimin's eyes went wide and he could feel the heat rushing to his face. jungkook watched him do so and his lips broke into a smile once again. jimin was honestly just too... radiant. anything he did made jungkook want to watch. whether it being him when he's flustered or happy, jimin was just perfect to him.

"s-shut up jungkook," jimin told him and left the kitchen along with jungkook who stood there watching him go with a laugh.

//my ass hurts from riding my bike too long + i have a migraine what the hell kill me