thirty seven

thirty seven—

"jungkook! hurry up!" jimin yelled.

the two were hidden away in jungkook's house and preparing themselves for what they were about to do. frankly, jimin never thought they would ever do this or even that it would happen in the first place. yet here they were.

jimin sat on the cushioned couch with a small gym bag beside him, resting against his thigh. jungkook was in the process of packing his own bag, but he was taking a little longer than necessary. he had said countless times that he was trying to decide on things to bring, but time was slipping through their fingers and it wasn't coming back. at the same time, jungkook had spoken briefly about something important he still had to do before they left.

"okay! im done," jungkook came down the hall with his bag slung over his shoulder. "now let's head out."

jimin stood from his spot on the couch and paced to the door. there he stopped and looked around, casting a multitude of nostalgic glances at the building around them.

"won't you miss this place?" jimin asked him. jungkook stopped beside him and took a look around himself.

jimin remembered when he was first brought to this place. when jongin had pummeled him and jungkook saved him in the nick of time. then afterwards brought him here for the sense of security. now after all this time, jimin actually had felt like this was a sort of home. and he was about to leave it for a long, long while.

"yeah i will. but it's nothing compared to..." jungkook paused and shook his head slowly. turning his head to jimin and smiling, he decided what he was about to say wasn't worth it. "never mind, lets go yeah?" jimin returned the smile and nodded.

they left their humble home, pulling the wooden door to a close behind them. the tiny click as a muffled cry. the vibrancy of its appearance as its melancholic goodbye.

it was nighttime now. the stars glistened above them, encouraging them to enjoy this newfound freedom. the two looked around with new pairs of eyes and felt a sense of utter existence. it was time.

hand in hand, they bounded across the lengthy stretch of grass that sparkled with dew. their shoes collected bits of the damp sod, and their pants bore bruises of condensation.

jungkook and jimin broke into a swift run and hurried to a tall gray wall. there, they pressed their backs against the hard surface to avoid the cameras nearby. they didn't survey a 360 view, which allowed them to hide directly out of place. jimin watched as jungkook peered around the corner for not even a second. he heaved a sigh.

"okay, so ive gotta do something before we leave. it'll only take a minute. but someone will probably see me. so when i get back here, be prepared to run okay?" jungkook explained to him. jimin dipped his head in a slow nod. he was confused, if only slightly, but chose not to ask about it.

"come back as fast as you can," jimin directed a gentle smile at him. "and don't get caught." jungkook laughed silently and stepped closer to the other male. he pushed a gentle kiss to his mouth which jimin returned in full.

"i won't."

then jungkook paced to the corner, peered around it, and then took off running. he bounded hurriedly several long yards away from jimin's hiding place to the front of the prison and slipped into a door. he just barely avoided six or so guards at the main entrance, watching for whoever drove inside the prison grounds.

jungkook snuck down the white hall, and slipped into yet another door. at the end of the room was a large dark door with a keypad. he raced towards it and punched in the code with an anxious haste.