thirteen

thirteen—

it was the next day, and finally lunch. there he could finally talk with the guys he met. surely they'd have a bit of an answer. he had gotten tired of jungkooks continuous short replies to the one question he had. which was about his past with the prison. but he would just brush it off saying it didn't matter. he wanted a break from the secret jungkook was keeping. just for a bit.

when he walked up to the table where his friends sat, hoseok and jin were bickering to each other about something unbeknownst to him while namjoon sat to the side quietly talking with someone jimin didn't recognize.

"hey guys," he said and sat down, setting his tray down in front of him. hoseok and jin immediately looked away from each other, staring hard at jimin as they struggled to speak over each other.

"jimin, tell him i'm right." hoseok pleaded with him, an odd frown on his face and eyes wide in desperation. probably because he needed to prove a point to jin and he needed support in order to do so.

"about what hyung?" jimin questioned him. the two had been arguing with each other ever since he walked in so he wanted to know what could possibly be disturbing their friendship this much.

"hoseok here is saying that he should get more sleeping hours," jin said, "but he barely does anything." jimin blinked, watching hoseok retaliate immediately and glare at jin.

"that's not true! i've put plenty of work into my community service!" hoseok said in his own defense, crossing his arms as he spoke. jimin chuckled, watching the two start bickering once again about who they thought was right and wrong.

"hey jimin," namjoon called and gestured for jimin to come over. he slid down a seat and looked at namjoon curiously. "where's jungkook?" he asked. jimin knew at least one of them would wonder where jungkook was being he wasn't anywhere near them or seated at the guards table to watch jimin from afar.

"to be honest, i don't know." jimin answered. he looked around and scanned the room for the familiar black-haired officer of his. but he was nowhere to be seen. namjoon let out a sigh before looking back at the person beside him.

"well, i also want to introduce you to someone," he said. "this is taehyung, he's hoseok's guard and your age." taehyung beamed a smile at him and held his hand out for him to shake. jimin took it with a smile in return.

"i heard your guard is jungkook," taehyung said. jimin nodded. "i bet you've heard about stuff that happened before you were here, but jungkookie is actually a pretty nice guy. you just have to let him explain things when he needs to. so i wouldn't worry about what happened. it might be better if you don't know." jimin smiled at him, despite the lingering confusion he still had spinning around in his head.

"thanks," he said.

"there you are!" someone said loudly. and notably, it was behind him. jimin turned around quickly, and was surprised to see who it was. "i've been looking everywhere for you!" it was the girl from the infirmary who had been playing video games on her computer when they came in.

she sat beside jimin and slung an arm around his neck, taking a bite of his food in the process. "park jimin right?" she asked, raking her eyes over the food in front of her hungrily. jimin watched her grab his fork and eat another bite of his food. he just nodded slowly. "i've been trying to find you. when i heard jungkookie got another prisoner assigned to him i wondered who could it be."

she shoveled bite after bite into her mouth, laughing loudly after finishing most of jimin's plate. "i'm officer minjee. i'm a good friend of jungkooks, and i wanted to talk to you."

"about what?" jimin raised an eyebrow.

"about jungkook of course!" she smiled. taehyung laughed across from him and namjoon did the same.

"minjee is the type of person to always be hungry and lively," taehyung said and rolled an apple across the table to jimin since the majority of his food was gone. he took it and bit into it, blinking thankfully at him.

"hey tae, would you like it if i introduced you to people as 'this is taehyung. taehying is always pretty weird and if you catch him alone it's scary'?" minjee glared at him in annoyance. taehyung quickly put up his hands, obviously not wanting to pick a fight.

"sorry minjee," he told her. she smiled at him and reached across the table to grab some food from his plate, and popped it into her mouth.

"you're forgiven." she hummed.

"hey look it's minjee!" jin suddenly exclaimed. hoseok and jin leaned over, greeting her excitedly and talking amongst themselves about how they've been and discussing other such things like gossip.

jimin learned that minjee was actually a childhood friend of jungkooks, and she was working at the prison for the good pay and currently saving up for an apartment. even though she got free lodging down the street, she made it clear to jimin that she really wanted to explore the world rather than being cooped up here at a prison. then, she proceeded to turn back to jimin with a big grin etched on her face.

"jimin, you're really lucky to have jungkook as your guard. he's the wardens son, he's handsome as fuck," jin gave her a look that said clearly watch your language, and she paused for a moment, flashing jin an apologetic glance. "he's extremely good at martial arts. heck, he's good at everything!" she exclaimed, leaning closer to jimin's face. she lowered her voice to a harsh whisper, her devious smirk still on her face. "and i've heard under all those clothes, he's got a great body."

this left jimin burning up. his face darkened to a crimson red and an obvious expression of embarrassment was masked on his features. taehyung proceeded to laugh and reach across the table to fan him. jin and hoseok giggled as well, cheeks lifting in jubilance at the joke. while namjoon himself blushed, partially because he knew what minjee said was true and he felt a little bit of empathy for jimin who must be mortified at the sudden reverse in conversation.

what minjee had said made jimin feel pretty apprehensive, and he didn't know why. maybe he was sick or needed some rest, being exhausted from his day today. he was just tired that was all. he thought of jungkook again, fantasies unconsciously forming in his brain and he flushed a darker shade of red.

what was wrong with him?

//so i changed my user to no - and i feel free ?? pLUS ITS CHRISTMAS BREAK AND IM HAPPY AS SHIT MAN