Chapter Ten (His Office)

***

In the elevator, I waited patiently for us to reach to reach the last floor. There was silence but Shane soon spoke.

"I really love what you have on." he said casually, his eyes straight ahead. I gulped a little.

"Um, thanks."

I felt awkward for no reason at all.

*

After some time, we reached the last floor and I followed him to his office.

Was it necessary to describe his office? I was surprised to see how big and expensive it was.

"Please, sit down." he said slowly.

I sat down and he sat on the edge of his table, close to me.

"So, how are you?"

"I'm alright. This is great. You're too young to have succeeded in so much already. How did you do it?" I asked, admiring his office.

"I didn't do university. Immediately after highschool, I specialized in Cinematography."

"Wow. You're so lucky."

I said in admiration. He smiled.

"Thanks."

There was sudden silence that made me even more nervous. I wasn't into conversations that much. Especially with people like Shane. True that he seemed nice but I knew better than to get too close. He didn't just look dangerous in some sort of way, I actually thought he was.

Lost and staring at my fingers, I decided to look at him in the eyes. I was surprised to find him staring back at me, rather intensively and with a little smirk on.

"Um, how's Sloane?" I asked quickly.

"You seem shy."

Okay, I guessed it was back to me then.

"Um, kind of. But let's ignore that. Is Sloane around?"

He smiled mischievously and I found myself gulping.

"Yeah." he picked his office phone and dialed a number.

"Hello? Yeah babe. Okay, and Shayenne's here...yeah...okay." he hung up and turned to me, "She's coming."

"Okay."

"Shayenne, I'd like to know more about you." his voice came out low and deep. I had a feeling of uneasiness. I didn't like the atmosphere. I felt he was too bold for my liking.

"More?"

"Yes. The only thing I know about you is that you're a student whom I almost knocked over once."

"And you-"

"Want to know you." he cut in. He stared straight into my eyes, without blinking. I flinched, avoiding his gaze and looking at my fingers. He surely noticed how tense I was because he soon chuckled.

"Chill, Shayenne. I'm sorry if I've made you uncomfortable. You can speak to me when you want. Okay?"

I managed a smile and nodded. He smiled back. At that instant, Sloane came in, as hot as always. She had on a fitting and sexy dress that exposed her smooth back. It was slightly above her knees and her heels matched her dress. She'd tied her hair into a ponytail. She looked like a model.

"Hi, Sloane." I smiled, standing. She smiled back.

"Hey, Shayenne! Welcome to our work site." she hugged me. That surprised me.

"You work here?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm in charge of costumes for every movie being produced by Hollywood productions."

"Wow, You're lucky."

"Sort of." she laughed.

"Her dad's the owner of this industry." Shane stated. My eyes widened in surprise.

"Really?"

"Yep. I'm just one of the many producers employed by him. While she's the heir actually."

I'd just confirmed the fact that she was swimming in gold.

"Shane, shut up." she scolded playfully, "Anyway, I'm happy you're here, Shayenne. Would you like to go visiting?"

"Yes, please."

"Alright then." she was cut by a call. She excused herself and walked a little distance to answer it. After some time, she hung up and turned to me with a sad face.

"Shayenne?" she called.

"Yes?"

"I've just been called for more work. I need to prepare more costumes for the next scenes we're working on. I'm sorry."

"oh, um, don't worry, Sloane."

"I'm really sorry. Shane will take you round. Right honey?"

Shane shrugged.

"Well, I think I can." he replied lazily.

"You're a darling." she leaned in and kissed him. I looked away while she did so.

"Okay, let me know when you're leaving." she said.

"Sure." I replied and she left. I wished I was as busy as her in doing a thing I loved. When she was gone, I spoke to Shane.

"You have a pretty and hardworking girlfriend." I complimented. He smirked. He had an attractive smirk, alright.

"Thank you. Do you want to go visiting now or you can finally answer me?"

"Um, I can answer you first before we go."

"That's better."

I felt a little more comfortable after having spoken to Sloane.

I simply watched Shane move over to the huge couch in his office, and sit down. Then he motioned me over to come sit by him. I nervously did so. I sat a distance but he came closer. He smelt real good and expensive. To me, a man always had to smell that good. Josh smelt good too but most of the time, his alcoholic smell took over. Shane's perfume seemed to be making me dizzy.

*Your thoughts so far? Please vote, luvs. ❤❤❤.*