Chapter Twenty-one (Crush?)

***

After Shane had left that night, I went to Keisha's room.

"Kee, can I talk to you?"

She nodded, staring at me carefully.

"You don't look good, honey. What's wrong? Shane did something?"

I shook my head.

"I'm just confused, Keisha. I need help."

"Help?"

"Yeah. I need your point of view on something."

She held my hand, noticing how troubled I seemed to be.

"Go ahead, Shayenne. Tell me what's disturbing you."

I took a deep breath before speaking.

"It's Shane"

"Shane?"

"He's not actually disturbing me. He just causes reactions in me."

Keisha's brows shot up.

"Reactions??" she asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah, he makes my body react it a way it'd never done before. I thought of avoiding him but it wasn't possible . I don't- He has these jokes of his that I find too daring? Or far reached? Like, I-"

"Calm down, Sha..." she said with an amused smile, "... and tell me about these jokes."

I told her everything. Even when he made me touch his abs. Keisha was speechless. But soon enough, she smiled. A huge grin on her face.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked, amused at her expression.

"I think you like Shane."

"What?" I mumbled.

"You like him." she repeated with a smile, "In just a month you've succeeded in having a crush on him."

"No." I frowned, "I don't gave a crush on him."

"Yes, you do. But you don't know because you've never had a crush before if I'm not mistaken."

"I- I've already had one."

"On? Josh?! Pff! What you feel now, isn't it pleasant compared to what you felt for josh when y'all just got together? Doesn't this feel natural and not forced?"

I looked at her. She smiled again.

"Shayenne, you like Shane."

"No, I don't."

"I'm telling you because I know you. You can't accept it yet and this because you've never felt it. You're fond of Shane. He makes you laugh easily and he makes you happy most of the time. Lately, you always want to talk to him."

"I always want to you, as well as to Josh, too."

"Pff! Because you find it normal to and not because you want to. You do it because you want to be a loyal fiancée. Whereas with Shane, it's because you want to. It's no obligation with him. Simply your will."

I felt odd and cold.

"I have to avoid him, then. Again." I shook my head.

"Why??" Keisha rolled her eyes.

"He's a friend and I have no right to crush on him, if I even am. Sloane's a friend too and I have no right to crush on her boyfriend. I don't even want to believe it. And that's why I have to start avoiding him again, before it gets worse." I ended, feeling slightly confused.

Keisha hugged me.

"Don't worry, Sha. I guess you're right to avoid him but we both know he won't allow it."

I had to face the truth. But I would not give up.

"He would have to deal with it, Keisha. And if this is how things are gonna be for me, then I prefer to call Josh and answer his proposal."

"What?"

"Yes. I can't bare to fall for Sloane's boyfriend, if I am once again, like you say. They've both been nice to me. But now you inform me that I have a crush on Shane. It's not good news, Keisha. I'm feel guilty right now."

I admitted and she stared at me.

"It's alright. I still hope you find someone, though. That isn't Josh and that sadly isn't Shane, either. Just wait for one more month to pass before you call Josh. Please."

I looked at her.

"Hmmm, okay"

"Great. I'll help you fix dates with some nice guys."

"Alright."