Chapter Twelve (Keesha's Act)

***

We went to the filming studios. They were beautiful. Shane was great and I regretted having insulted him once or twice.

After the guided tour, he took me to their indoor restaurant. As chic as the rest. Plus we didn't need to pay.
-
Shane and I took a table for two then we sat down, facing each other. We were served delicious noodles and salsa. We began eating.

"I hope you know we're friends now." he said to me. I smiled, feeling shy .

"Yeah, I guess."

"Sweetheart you shouldn't guess. You should be sure." he corrected . I looked at him. He gave me that smirk.

"Oh, okay." I smiled back.

Suddenly, my phone biped an SMS.

"Excuse me Shane."

"No prob."

I took out my phone. It was Josh. It read;

'Where are you??! I've been waiting at your front door for like thirty minutes! WHERE ARE YOU?!'

I gulped before replying.

Panicking, I packed my stuff.

"What is it?" Shane asked.

"Um, I have to leave. Josh is waiting for me." I replied, standing.

"He's here?" he asked, standing too.

"Um, apparently."

Shane held my hand.

"Is everything alright?" he asked concerned and probably noticing how slightly terrified I seemed to be.

"Yes, yes. Bye. Tell Sloane I couldn't meet her. Greet her for me."

I tried to leave but he didn't let go.

"Shane I– I need to go!"

"We have to meet again. I'll call you."

"Okay, okay fine."

He let me go and I ran out of the restaurant.

*

I reached my apartment and was shocked to find Josh standing outside, furious.

"Josh I'm sorr–"

"Save it! I came to see you and that bitch you call a friend won't let me in."

"I'm so sorry." I quickly opened the door and let him in.

Keisha was found comfortable in the apartment, manipulating her phone in the living room.

"Keisha, you shouldn't have done this." I whispered to her before josh joined us.

"You slut! The next time I'll teach you a lesson!" he threatened Keisha. She turned to him, wide eyed.

"Yo, are you crazy? Who are you calling a slut? Huh? pig! Don't you fricken come to my place and threatened me! I ain't Shayenne!"

I knew things were gonna get out of hand soon. Josh was furious.

"I'll kill you!" he made his way angrily towards Keisha. I held his arm but he pushed me aside so hard that I fell on the floor.

"Josh, no!" I screamed.

Before he could get close enough to hurt Keisha, a sharp knife appeared in her hand and from almost nowhere. Josh halted.

"That's right motherfucker, no more steps. I ain't afraid to use it on your meat infested belly. One more step and I make you pork even before you touch me." Keisha too was furious. Josh couldn't dare her. He angrily turned to me.

"I'm breaking our engagement."

'WHAT?!'

"What?! Josh!"

Tears immediately welled up my eyes. I was shocked.

"Are you serious?! Why?!"

"Yes! Unless you decide to leave this stupid dream of yours and come with me! Look at this! This mad girl wants to kill me cuz I came to visit my fiancée."

I couldn't believe my ears.

"Josh, please! Don't!"" I was sobbing like a kid. I even grabbed his leg, given that I was still sitting on the floor.

"Then follow me. Back to Boston so we get married!"

"Josh I– I..." I couldn't. I'd worked too hard for this, "I can't. Please. Don't do this."

He pushed me aside.

"Fine! I give you two whole months to think. Else it's over for good."

Then he turned to Keisha,

"And as for you, you'll regret this. We'll meet again."

"Yeah, right. Get out of my apartment before I make you moving bacon!" she replied, angrily.

Josh left furiously. I was frozen. I couldn't move. Life was over for me. Keisha's act had caused this. And at the same time, it made me see who Josh was within. Why did he throw me like that? Why?

The next thing I felt was the cold floor as I passed out just like that. Something that had never happened to me.

*Your thoughts? Please vote.*