Chapter Forty One (Confused)

***

The next night, Keisha and I got  dressed and were ready to go to Sloane's place.

"Oh, I love this!" Keisha exclaimed.

"What?"

"Always being invited to H.productions and amazing red carpet parties."

I laughed.

"I know right."

**

We arrived the party. As usual it was hot and booming. We walked up to Shane and Sloane whom we'd seen at a distance.

"Hey."

"Hey!" Sloane replied happily hugging us each.

Shane gave Keisha a little friendly hug, then he turned to me and did same. No kiss or whisper. Nothing. I felt odd because the hug was as simple as ever. Anyway, I forced a smile at both of them. I had to play the unaffected.

"You're welcome." Sloane said.

"Thank you." we both replied.

"In what honor is this party actually?" I asked, avoiding Shane's eyes because he was staring straight at me. Feeling his eyes on me gave me the chills.

"In honor of the industry's success so far. My dad normally had to organise it but he had a last minute business trip and so he left me in charge."

"Oh, alright."

"Omg, I love your dress." Keesha told her. I noticed Shane was now looking elsewhere.

"Really? Thank you!" Sloane replied happily, "I decided to wear black this time. So I'd match with Shane."

"It fits you well."

"Thanks, Keisha."

Shane brought his attention back to us and I felt my tummy flip when he wrapped his arm around her waist. She looked at him.

"Honey, you're uncle's here. We need to go welcome him"

"But Shane, I don't wanna speak to him." she grumbled.

"Shh. Let's be polite. Your dad won't appreciate if you ignore your uncle."

"But who'll stay with the girls?" she said pointing at us.

Shane turned to us.

"You'll have to excuse us, girls."

"Sure." Kee replied. He nodded and pulled his girlfriend along.

Keisha turned to me.

"Is everything okay between you and pretty boy?" she asked.

"Sort of."

"What do you mean, sort of?"

"I don't know, okay? Please, let's just find a place e to sit."

"Okay, girl."

We made our way to the mini bar where we sat down and ordered drinks. As we sipped our drinks, I thought a lot. Would I ever be with Shane?
What if Sloane already had in mind to finish her life with Shane?

I wished to finish my studies and return to Boston where I'd forget Shane and his entourage.
-
As I drank, I looked around and saw them at the end of the living room. They'd just finished talking to a man which I believed was Sloane's uncle.

When he left, Sloane turned to Shane and wrapped her arms around his neck. He held her waist in return. My mouth went bitter. She said something and they smiled at each other. They seemed so in love with each other. My eyes prickled.

I watched her place a kiss on his lips. I broke down from within. I thought of leaving when I suddenly noticed Shane's reaction.

After she'd kissed him, his smile slowly faded away. And telling her something, he got out of her grip. She looked at him confused.
Though I couldn't tell what they were saying, I tried my best t read from their lips.

She asked him:

"What's wrong, Shane?"

"I'm not well, sweetheart. Let me go get a drink."

"Well, okay." she touched his face.

Shane nervously ran his fingers through his hair before kissing her forehead and then walking away.
She stared after him but surprisingly did not look hurt.

I got really confused when she smiled to herself before walking away too.

What was that about?

*Your thoughts? Please vote.*