Chapter Twenty-three (Clubing)

***

There I was behind Shane, holding on to him while we drove through the lighted city of New York. It was past ten. I was probably making a mistake but I was already on the way. I had on a long jean shirt that reached my thighs. Underneath I had a tiny jean short. I'd guessed they were the right attire to go clubbing, right? Given that I'd never gone clubbing. I'd worn heels as well.
~

We turned into a street with music booming from all sides. I saw a long line of people dressed to party in front of a building. There were guards at the entrance. Shane stopped his bike and we got off. After securing it, he held my hand and we approached the entrance of the club.

"Um, aren't we supposed to join the line?" I asked.

"I don't think so, baby."

I watched him greet the guards who smiled and exchanged some words with him. In no time we were allowed to go in. What did I expect? He was still a celebrity after all.
~

The club was Just as I'd imagined it to be. There were dim blue lights, dancing everywhere, loud music, an amazing DJ, a bar and complete madness and noise.

"So what can you say about this place already?" he asked over the noise.

"It's cool." I replied with a smile.

"Let's go sit and order drinks." he held my hand and we made our way towards a couch at the end of the club. We sat down on one end because the other end was occupied by a smooching couple, kissing like their lives depended on it.

"What would you like to drink, sweetheart? Plus, you should know that there isn't orange juice here!" he joked over the loud music and I laughed.

"Alright. Soda would be fine!"

"Okay. I'm coming, wait here!"

I watched him disappear into the crowd. I looked at the things going on around like the naïve girl I was. Most of the things I saw were really shameless, if I may say. I looked away.

To my surprise I turned to see the couple at the other end of the couch who were still kissing for their lives. I found it astonishing. My brows shot up in the dim club lights when I saw her hand fondle him around his zip area. They definitely didn't care one bit. It amused and shocked me a little.

As if I hadn't seen enough, I saw two girls kissing at a distance. Okay. I was so uncomfortable. I looked at my fingers so I'd stop noticing odd stuff.

Luckily, Shane returned some time after with the drinks.

"You okay?" he asked sitting down by me.

"Yeah. Just a little shocked with my surrounding." I admitted with a shy smile. He chuckled.

"Don't worry, you'll have to get used to it. This is the different side of Life."

"Actually. And I'm scared of it." I admitted with a laugh. He held my hand.

"Would you allow me to protect you?"

I looked at him. He smiled.

"With me nothing will happen to you."

I smiled, knowing it was true.

"I know."

Shane and I chatted, drank and laughed. I got to know more about him.

"How were you and Sloane in school?" I asked.

"Sloane was the cool girl in school. The princess. She's always been. Since primary school."

"And you were?"

"More like the rebel."

"The troublemaker." I laughed.

"That's the word. The type that all teachers complained about. The type that all girls found too much of a Playboy and flirty-"

"Yet irresistible." I cut in. He raised a brow and I laughed.

"Exactly." he smirked.

"We had similar guys in my school. The type that girls would criticized yet secretly wish they could date."

"Typical." he laughed.

"So, you were clearly the bad boy, huh?" I mused.

"Yep. Always getting suspended."

I laughed and he joined me.

"I got all these tattoos in highschool."

"Really?"

"Yeah. My mom went wild."

"I can imagine." I laughed.

"Worse again when I got a piercing on my brow."

"Hahaha, they had no choice but to live with it."

"Yep. I was really stubborn."

"You still are."

He looked at me and I smiled. He smiled back.

"People surely wondered on how you and Sloane turned out to be the best friends from a tender age."

"And that never changed. We were two different worlds. She was rich, I wasn't. But she never let me down."

"Wow. That's very sweet."

"Yeah."

Shane was a darling . Sloane was lucky .

We stared at each other silently for sometime. Then he took the bottle from my hand and kept it on the table. He stood up and gave me his hand which I took.

"Where are we going?"

"To dance."

"Shane I-"

"I'm not taking a no."

He was a case.

"Well, alright."

He smiled and pulled me along till we joined the dancing crowd.