Chapter Twenty Eight (Texts)

***

I returned happily to the apartment that night. Of course I told Keisha everything.

"Hmm, that's great. At least y'all are cool now."

"Yeah. That's what counts."

"I'm just happy you're happy, Shayenne."

"Thank you, Kee."

Smiling, I hugged her tight. Everything seemed better and alright.

"Tomorrow is Saturday. No class. Let's watch a great movie and order dome pizza." I proposed happily.

"Sure. Hahahaha. What should we watch?"

"How bout SUMMER DISASTER? Produced by Shane Lucas." I mused with a giggle.

Keisha laughed along. I could tell she was happy I wasn't sad anymore.

Keisha was like the sister I never had.
--
After a good evening show, Kee and I retired to our rooms at 2:00am. I still didn't want to sleep.

I got on my bed and was tempted to text Shane.

Unable to last longer, I did.

'Hey, you sleeping?'

I waited for about three minutes and was more than glad when I received a reply.

'Nope :-)'

I smiled to myself.

':-). I'm unable to sleep. I had a good time today. I'm happy we're okay. '

'I'm happy too. And can I know why you're unable to sleep? 🌝'

'Lol. I don't really know.'

'😂 if you say so babe. U should probably consider us being best friends. Keisha might not really appreciate.'

I laughed.

'Yeah surely. Since both of us can't find sleep, how bout we play a game? 🤔'

'Which one?' he asked.

'You chose.'

Yes, it was two in the morning. So?

'Okay, love. How bout you ask me questions and I answer.'