I guarantee it.

We were at my house in the drive way and we'd—no I'd been sitting here for about ten minutes. Lucy was sleep and I couldn't bare to wake her up so I was contemplating whether to carry her inside or not.

I got out the car. Fuck it, hopefully she won't mind. I quietly opened her door and picked her up. Her small frame curled around mine, her legs fastened theirselves to my waist and her arms locked around my neck as she snuggled into me letting out a sigh.

Okay Mateo just take her upstairs. I nodded to my security. I didn't need their help as of now. I could carry Lucy by myself.

She's probably exhausted from all of my drama last night to helping today. I placed her on my neatly made bed—well I attempted to place her on the bed but she wouldn't let go of me. I sighed sitting on the bed with her in my arms. I pried her arms from my neck then her legs and tucked her into the bed.

I took my phone out to make a couple calls. Because I had a feeling I knew exactly who did this. Tatiana.

..................................

Lucy's POV

I awoke to the setting sun. Mhmm this bed was soo soft—wait this isn't my bed. My room isn't black and my bed isn't this big. Mateo. I was in his room, I remember now. My apartment and all the money I had was gone.

I have nothing now. I yawned stretching. Mateos little therapy session tired me out. All that breaking and yelling was good for him, I could see it in his eyes it definitely was the happiest I ever seen him.

I got up stretching once again and straightening my clothes. I wondered where he was cause I definitely needed to talk to him about his offer to let me stay here.

" There you are. " I heard a voice behind. I turned to see Mateo in lounge pants and no shirt. Oh my god. Nope I don't think I can stay here if he's going to be looking like that all the time.

" Oh hey..." I said as he came closer.

" You hungry ? I made ziti. " He said and I looked at him. He can cook ? Is there anything he can't do ?

" Yup that sounds amazing right now. " I said and he smiled as we walked down a billion flights of twisting stairs.

" Listen can we talk ? I know you said I could stay here but I really don't want to impose on you I mean you've only known me for like two weeks. How do you know I'm not some crazy person or killer ? " I blurted out as he grabbed two piping hot bowls of ziti from the counter.

He let out another one of those booming laughs that made my insides turn to mush. " You are not crazy—well maybe a little but your definitely not a killer. " He said setting one down in front of me with a fork.

" Hey I'm not crazy I just am a little loud sometimes. " I said.

" I know I was just joking. " He answered smiling at me. Mateo joking ? Who are you and what have you done with the brooding Mateo ?

" No but seriously I don't mind if you stay here, your going to think I'm crazy but I trust you. I know your not money hungry and your not a bitch. I'll have to have the cleaners set up a guest room for you on my floor. It won't be ready for three days but till then you can have my room and I'll just sleep on the couch or something. " He said.

" No I can't let you sleep on the couch. It's your house. "

" Exactly and you are a temporary guest so..." He trailed off.

" Fine but only for the three nights and we can trade off if you want to—"

" Your so stubborn, it's fine Lucy I'll sleep on the couch in my room or in one of the living rooms. " He answered and I nodded letting it go.