The Truth

Michaels POV

" What are you looking at ? " Laura quipped at me. I stared her down further.

" Nothing, do you want me to give you a tour of the house ? " I asked but had already begun walking. I heard her sigh and follow until she was walking right next to me.

" How come there aren't any pictures of you in the house ? "
She had her hands behind her back as she observed the walls of the house. I clenched my jaw, it was still hard to think about my neglectful father. After all he was the reason I am how I am. He's the reason a Mafia boss raised me up as a killer.

" Because me and Mateo are only half brothers I have a different mother. We only just found each other about six years ago. Nico also has a different mother than us, our father is a very adulterous man. " I disclosed quietly. I looked straight ahead as we walked and I could feel her eyes burning into the side of my face.

Next thing I know she is tackling me in a hug. It completely through me off guard because we fell back on the floor.

" I'm sorry I was trying to give you a hug. " She stated her body still pressed on top of mine, her brown curls falling around her face like some sort of halo.

" It's okay I don't want your sympathy or pity. " I gently pushed her off of me. She frowned considerably.

She stood with her arms crossed. " Well sorry for caring." She snapped. I scowled, I didn't think she'd take it so personally. I just don't like it when people give me that look when they find out I didn't have a regular childhood or life for that matter.

Then I remembered she said she cared. For what I don't know. She shouldn't be caring for me she's way too innocent. It will only lead to her undoing.

I straightened up and glared at her. " Why do you care ? I'm a killer remember ? "

" I know your a killer. I've watched you kill people with my own eyes and I still have nightmares about it. " She confessed and I furrowed my eyebrows. She's having nightmares because of me ?

" But I've also seen you take care of that four year old little boy with such gentleness and love that it makes me think your more than a killer. " She mused reflectively. She abruptly turned on her heal walking away leaving me utterly astonished.

No ones ever said anything like that to me before. Woman are either very intimidated by me or are very attracted to me. She however seems slightly intimidated but not attracted to at all.

Did she really care ? Hmm.
I doubt it.

.......................................

Mateo's POV

I fucked bad this time. What does she mean she needs time ?  What does that mean !

I was pacing the hall when I saw Michael come up the stairs with a slightly dazed expression on his face.

" I messed up Michael I think she hates me or something. " I stressed to him desperately. He frowned. 

" You shouldn't have said all those things. Why would you do that ? She already thinks it's all her fault that this is happening and you just agreed with her. Of course she's pissed. " He shrugged.

" I know but the thought of you and Nico being hurt made something in me erupt and I let it all out on her. " I explained.