Traditore

" Move Mateo. " Lucy whined trying with all her might to push me out of her way.

" That is not how you ask bambino. " I tisked shaking my head. We were outside about to get in the pool, and in her excitement to reach it she attempted to push past me but it didn't work out for her.

So here we are at the French doors that led to it and she was once again attempting to push past me.

" Fine. " She took a deep breath. " Move...please. " She huffed and I smiled stepping to the side and letting her run past me. She's such a child sometimes, but I like that. She knows when to be serious and when to have fun and let loose.

I was walking to the pools edge when a maid stopped me.

" Sir you have a guest. " She informed me looking at ground.

" What ? " I muttered and went back into the house.

I walked my way down to the foyer and saw Claudia standing there with a fucking suitcase.

" Hey Claudia what are you doing here ? " I asked and she glanced up from her phone. Relief on her face as she took me in.

" Didn't Michael tell you ? Your house was attacked last night and he's on his way here with your brother and Lucy's sister. He told me to meet him here because I could be in danger also. " She explained flipping her long hair and looking back at her phone.

My house was under attack ? Michael told me nothing. That little bastard, why wouldn't he tell me ? Is Nico hurt ?

I turned about to go get my phone and nearly bumped into Lucy, the expression on her face told me that she heard everything.

" Here call him. " She passed me her phone. I kissed her cheek and grabbed it.

" Uh Claudia you can have one of the guest rooms. " I told her and she nodded as a maid came over to show her where it was.

" Who do you think attacked the house ? " Lucy wondered wide eyed. I said nothing as I pulled her to me and kissed her hair. I was happy she wasn't in the house and that she's safe right here beside me. I dialed Michaels number but it went straight to voicemail.

" He's not picking up. " I told her handing the phone back to her.

" Why are they coming to Italy ? " I looked down at Lucy, her eyes big and worried. I let out a sigh.

" I don't know, it is safer here than in America though. Whoever they are would think twice about coming to Italy to get us. Everyone knows this is our home we are loved here. Lots of people would like to get on our good side by doing us favors here.

The people of Italy know that Michael is part of the Mafia and they know I'm close to him. " I explained to her I searched her eyes to see fear in them. It wasn't a lot but I could tell she was scared, what I couldn't tell was whether it was from what I just shared about me and Michael or whether it was about the prospect of new people wanting to hunt her down.

Either way I pulled her small body closer to mine if that were possible.

" Come on we should get dressed. I'm sorry about your birthday gift. " I said pulling away from her.

" No no it's okay, this still has been the best birthday gift ever, and it's all thanks to you. " She said kissing me on the lips.

" I could still give you one more present. " I grunted through the kiss. She nodded feverishly and grabbed my hair while I picked her up. She wrapped her legs around my waist and I carried us to our bedroom.

I threw her on the bed and within seconds she was out of her bikini and I out of my swim shorts.

I marveled at her body, kissing it until she moaned and groaned.