Nosey

" Lucy ! " I called over the banister. I knew she was still here. She timidly came into view.

" Yeah ? " She called innocently and I rolled my eyes.

" Come here. " She walked up the stairs slowly to me. I had my arms crossed over my chest.

" What were you and Laura doing ? "

" We were not ease dropping I swear. I just came to tell you we were leaving and Michael was talking about Laura. Laura wanted to listen we didn't hear a whole lot just the part about how he liked her and wasn't good enough. " She explained biting her lip.

So they heard everything.

" Listen Michael isn't really big on expressing his feelings, but he trusts me enough to express them in those rare times. Now he thinks I had something to do with you guys listening in on him. " I grumbled, she rubbed my back and kissed my cheek.

" I'll talk to him later, after he cools off. " She promised.

" Where's Laura ? " I questioned letting her lean into me.

" I'm not sure she ran off downstairs but I assume we are still leaving. So I will see you when I get back. Capeesh ? " She pulled away as I nodded letting her go. I followed her downstairs to see her, Laura and four guards leaving out the door.

Hmm. What am I going to do ? I walked to the kitchen to grab something to eat and nearly walked into Claudia—more like she ran into me.

" Oh hey Mateo have you seen Michael ? " She asked smiling at me.

" Uh Claudia he's not in a good mood..." I trailed off continuing to walk to the kitchen she followed quietly behind me.

" It's about Laura isn't it ? " She questioned and I frowned, well at least she's straight forward.

" You know he likes her—I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that. " I grabbed an apple from the bowel on the counter.

" I know he likes her and I don't see why. She's so average looking, dirty brown hair and eyes—"

" That's enough Claudia. " Michael walked into the kitchen glaring at her. I raised my eyebrows and watched the scene unfold.

" But Michael I thought we had something. " Claudia stood her ground looking up at him. His face held no emotion.

" You thought wrong, you can also leave. You are not in any danger. They are only after Lucy and Laura. " He snapped his eyes held a dangerous look in them as he eyed Claudia.

" You can't do this to me—to us. I've known you for years and you've known her for what ? A week ?—" She exclaimed her face becoming red with anger.

" Claudia you should really go. He's angry right now and will probably hurt you. " I grabbed her arm as she raised it and pulled her out of the kitchen.

Michael just stood there breathing heavily as if he was trying to restrain himself.

" It's not fair. "

" Life isn't fair Claudia, I like you. We go way back but you can't disrespect my brother and girlfriends sister because your jealous.

You guys are not a couple. He just fucked you like he fucks everyone. Please get your stuff and leave I'll have one of the guards escort you to the airport or wherever your going. " I stated keeping my voice level.