Awww nuts

" What do you want to eat ? " I asked Lucy. She grabbed up the menu biting her lip in indecisiveness. I glanced at the menu already familiar with it and immediately knew what I wanted.

" I think I want the pineapple pancakes with the pork sausage. " She answered putting the plastic covered menu down. " What are you getting ? " She asked glancing at my already folded menu.

" The cinnamon French toast with a berry blast smoothie and pork sausage and bacon. " I answered and she raised her eyebrows and I laughed.

" What ? After last night I worked up an appetite. " I said and she blushed before rolling her eyes.

" Hi I'm Malley I'll be your waiter today. " A very enthusiastic woman said. I told her our orders and she promptly took them.

" Uh last name ? For the orders I mean. " She said.

" D'Amico. " I responded and watched as her eyes widened slightly before she quickly excused herself.

" Why are people so scared of you ? " She asked. Damn I was thinking she wouldn't notice. But I should have known better she's a smart girl.

" Well they know who I am and how cold I can be, I could have anyone here fired or shut the whole place down with one word. They also know my brother is rightfully a D'Amico also. You should see when Michael goes somewhere and people recognize or just hear his name. I know he seems so friendly but that's just because I'm his brother and your...with me. " I explained. She nodded her head thinking.

" What exactly does Michael do ? " She questioned, I sighed I didn't want to stain her view on him.

" He is next in line to be the Don of his step fathers mafia. Known as the De'Luca's. His job is to protect what is known as the family. This includes me, his mom, any children he had and all his immediate men and their families and now you. He also invests money and yes he does a lot of illegal things, killing people that cross the family, managing the distribution of drugs...things like that. " I told her she looked...shocked—I don't really know.

" Me ? Why me ? " She asked and I thought she was going to be questioning his illegal business but she was worried about why we were protecting her ?

" Because you are in danger. Because I don't want anything bad to happen to you and I'm his brother so..." I trailed off.

" I just feel a little bad everyone is trying to protect me. You haven't even known me that long. I just don't want people getting hurt or killed over me because I'm not worth it. " She said whispering the last part but I still heard it.

I sighed. " Lucy look at me. " I commanded grabbing her hand across the table. She raised her head and looked at me with those big brown eyes.

" You are worth it. Stop putting yourself down. Your worth everything that has happened and will happen okay ? Don't let anyone ever tell you differently. Your a smart, beautiful, kind woman why wouldn't you be worth it ? " I told her seriously. I don't like it when she feels bad about us doing stuff for her.

She shouldn't feel that way. She should feel honored and special  that we would go out of our way to protect her. Because I'm telling you if it was anyone else that was my PA I wouldn't care.

" Okay. I'm sorry. " She said and smiled at me. She was about to say something else but her phone rang and she pulled it out answering it.

She chatted for two minutes with some person before hanging up. She then typed something on her phone before glancing back up at me.