Look who's coming to dinner

" Uh my feet are already hurting and we aren't there yet. " Lucy whined as she walked around the foyer waiting for me get my keys and wallet.

" Hey those shoes were over three thousand dollars. They should feel like a pillow. " I told her and she shot me a look.

" Well they don't and as far as I'm concerned they should've cost a dollar. " She said and I smiled, that's what I like about her. She doesn't care about money or expensive things.

" Lucy you look so pretty. " Nico said running into the foyer in his pajamas.

" Yeah you guys both look great. " Laura said coming up behind him. They were going to have a movie night with Michael but something came up and Michael had to go. So it's just the two of them.

I'm not worried Nico knows my number if something goes wrong and security is right outside the house.

" Thank you Nicky...give me a hug. " Lucy said and Nico all but jumped in her arms. She put him on her hip.

" What about me Nico ? " I said feigning sadness.

" Boys don't look pretty. " Nico said tilting his head at me. I sighed.

" Come here give me a hug. " I said and he reached out for me and I took him in my arms.

" Your going to be good for Laura okay ? Or your going to be in trouble manchino. capiscimi no ? " I said and he looked at me with a raised eyebrow. Where does this kid get this stuff from ?

" I understand. You behave too for Lucy. And I want you back here before curfew mister. " He said poking me in my chest. I looked at Laura and Lucy who looked quite amused.

" And when is curfew ? "

He pretended to look at a watch. " Right now. " I let out a loud laugh.

" Alright fratellino. We have to go. I mean what I say. " I told him putting him down.

" Make sure he goes to bed no later than eight. " I told Laura. She smiled and waved at us.

" I will. Bye Lucy and Mateo. " She said picking Nico up who waved at us too.

" Alright guys, what is this prom ? " I joked causing Lucy to let out a laugh. We got to one of my cars, we wouldn't be taking any security since we are going to Tatiana's house and her father supplies security for guests. It would be rude and looked down upon to bring my own anyway.

" I'm nervous. " Lucy admitted softly.

" Lucy I'm telling you your going to be fine. Tatiana is nothing to worry about neither is anyone at this stupid dinner. " I told her as we began driving to the dinner from hell.

" What did you see in Tatiana ? No offense but she seems really...superficial and bratty. " Lucy said and I cringed before letting out an awkward laugh.

" Umm, actually we began dating because of our fathers. I kinda grew up with her. We went to the same private schools our whole life. But it wasn't until the middle of high school that I started taking interest in her.

She of course said yes when I asked her out. She'd liked me for a long time—at least that's what she told me after we'd officially started going out. I was never that interested in her. She was okay but I had had a previous girlfriend before her nothing too serious. We really only fucked but I didn't want to let that go.

She moved away and Tatiana was single and the most popular girl so it only made since that I—the most popular guy would date her. Plus I heard she fucked on the first date. She did. " I said shaking my head as I did so. Lucy listened intently and her face turned to one of disgust as I talked about my sex life prior to her.