Happy

" Hey, are you okay ? " I asked Lucy. I walked up the stairs after my little mental talk.

She was in her pajamas which consisted of my lounge pants and my t-shirt, which were way too big for her. Yup she definitely has to go shopping tomorrow.

She was just getting into the bed when I came in.

" Yeah I'm fine, I'm sorry about snapping my fingers at you. I didn't know it bothered you so much. " She said apologizing again. I rolled my eyes.

" It's okay Lucy. I swear I was just being dramatic a little. " I answered digging through the dresser where a maid kindly unpacked my clothes. I pulled out some lounge pants and went into the bathroom to change.

When I came back out Lucy had the television on surfing through the channels. When she saw me she nearly dropped the remote. I may or may not have a shirt on so...

" Uhh...I–Do you want to watch a movie or something ? " She stuttered forcing her eyes on the t.v and not moving them.

I smirked. " Sure bambino. " I said climbing into the bed next to her. I put a good amount of space between us. Sometimes I forget we are boss and secretary. Sometimes.

" We are watching karate kid. " I said taking the remote from her. She gasped frowning.

" No we aren't. " She said boldly snatching if back. I scoffed taking it back. Damn she's grown a lot of nerve since she first got here.

" But finding Nemo is on. " She pouted reaching for the remote but I leaned away.

" Listen cochilla, I want to watch karate kid. " I said and she huffed.

" Fine. " She said. " But I pick next. "

" I'm glad we could come to the same conclusion. " I smirked at her and she rolled her eyes.

We watched my movie, which was kick ass I might add. Somehow that space between us two had shrunken with time. So by the end of the movie her shoulders were brushing mine as she flinched at the action going on.

When the credits rolled I handed her the remote freely and she put on some cartoon called family guy.

It was funny. I've never ever watched this much T.V. Ever. Not even when I was a child was I allowed to watch a lot of T.V. My dad had me looking at business accounts and people before I was even thirteen.

" Mateo ? " Lucy asked. I glanced from the screen to her.

" Mhmm. " I muttered looking back at the screen.

" I'm sorry I told you about my father and made you angry earlier. You shouldn't have to worry about me. " She said and I whipped my head to look at her. What ?

" What are you saying Lucy ? " I asked her, she had my full attention now.

" Well. You had said you wanted to protect me and stuff from my dad. You even want to kill him and that's not your job. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I should be looking after myself. " She whispered looking at me with those brown eyes.

" I just feel like such a free loader you know ? I haven't even looked at apartments yet. I'm going to repay you for letting me stay with you and buying me stuff—"

" Enough ! What has gotten into you ? " I asked cutting her tangent off.

" I've been thinking and—"

" Don't think then. I told you once it's fine. I worry about you because...that's what friends do. " I sighed a little unsure about my choice of words to describe this awkward relationship. She opened her mouth to speech again but I stopped her. " It's my fault a little by bringing you out into the public and letting reporters get pictures of us together made your fathers enemy come after you. I'm sorry. " I mumbled.