The Date

" I'm sorry about Nico he can be a little outspoken at times. " Mateo said quietly. I glanced at him he was looking straight ahead his jaw clenched.

" It's okay I understand it just took me by surprise is all. " I told him, we sat at a long bench where we could see Nico running around with a few other kids.

" He's not used to having the women I date around or any women for that matter. " He explained.

" Me and Tatiana broke up before he was even one and she thought I was crazy trying to care for some baby that wasn't a full blood D'Amico. " The sun beat down on us and as he spoke it twinkled in his blue green eyes making them shine even more.

" You guys didn't even do one night stands with him around ? " I asked and he glanced at me briefly with an odd look in his eyes.

" No when he came over for weekly visits we didn't bring our lady friends in the house. We didn't want him to be confused and plus that was his week—his special time with us, the other three weeks we could do whatever we wanted. " He said casting a vigilant look at Nico.

I also cast a look behind us to see two of Mateo's guards walking around.

...............................

" Here I got him. " I said to Mateo. We'd spent a good deal of the day at the park, eventually we played with Nico tackling each other in tag and playing soccer. After getting all sweaty we went to eat at Chick fil a, where Nico ran around some more inside the indoor playground.

He passed out in the backseat and I unstrapped him carrying him inside. His small body snuggled against mine.

" I like taking him to the park mostly because it tires him out. He's always out like a light. " Mateo said as we walked into the house. It was quiet except for our shoes slapping against the hardwood and marble floors. We arrived at Nico's room where Mateo took him and changed him into some sweat pants and a t-shirt to be more comfortable.

I watched as he kissed his head and pulled the covers up over him. He'd make a great father that's for sure. If nothing else about him is certain that's a fact.

I watched as he reached into his pocket and pulled out some bills. He placed them gently under his pillow and took his tooth.

" Come on he'll sleep through the night. " Mateo walked out the room me behind him and gently closed the door.

I glanced at me phone to see it was seven clock. I also read through my emails and saw that Mateo had one more meeting for tomorrow. I put the phone back in my pocket. I'd remind him later, he doesn't like discussing work when we aren't in the office.

" Your a good big brother you that right ? " I told him and he looked down at me with a glint in his eyes. He wrapped an arm around me before nodding.

" Yes I know that but it's nice hearing it come from someone else. " He replied with a haughty smile. I rolled my eyes, he's too arrogant for his own good.

" Your so arrogant. " I smiled at him and he shrugged.

" I know am I but what are you ? " He sung in a childlike voice.

" I'm the asses girlfriend. " I said smartly which got me a slap on my butt. I gave him a look and he glared playfully right back.

I raised my hand as if I was going to hit him. " Come on you have to get ready for the best night of your life. " Mateo smiled pridefully.

" The best night of my life ? We will see about that. " I countered turning on my heel and swishing my hips into our room.

He came in a few minutes later with an almost nervous look on his face. But that couldn't be right because Mateo's never nervous. I put the clothes I had in my hand down and looked him.