Sorpresa

" What is that noise ? " Lucy asked groggily. I blinked my eyes open to see it was my alarm. I slowly sat up easing her off of me in the process.

" Just my phone go back to sleep bambino. " I told her but she didn't need my instructions as she had already begun snoring softly. I quietly got out of bed stretching my bones.

I purposely got up early to make sure everything was ready for our trip to Italy. I packed my suitcase myself this time and I really think I'm getting the hang of it.

I pulled out the second red suitcase, this one meant for Lucy. I pulled out draws packing what I assumed she would need. This included underwear, bathing suits and clothes that looked summery. I didn't bother packing any of her work clothes because this is strictly vacation.

I then left it open so she could throw any accessories or lady items in there. Walking downstairs my mind drifted to last nights disastrous dinner. Well Lucy is officially part of the 'family' as Michael puts it. I was happy that she stood up for herself and tried to not let Tatiana's parents and mine get to her easily.

She deserved this trip. For having to put up with all the drama that came with me. Yup just the two of us for a few days sounded wonderful. I surprised myself by humming and going into the kitchen.

Mostly everyone was still asleep but I found Laura eating a bowl of ice cream at the island. She was on her phone and jumped when she saw me.

" Buongiorno. " I said smiling as she regained herself.

" Hey, what are you up so early for ? " She questioned spooning more ice cream in her mouth.

" I'm taking Lucy to Italy it's her birthday today. " I told her and her eyes widened.

" She didn't tell me !? " She exclaimed, I grabbed an apple from the bowl and sat down across from her.

" Yeah she didn't really celebrate them growing up so..." I trailed off and she nodded.

" I wish she just would have told me, I could have gotten her something, but I wouldn't even know where to start. " She muttered.

" She doesn't like having money spent on her. Maybe you could design something for her ? " I suggested and her olive eyes lit up.

" Your right...how long will you guys be away ? " She questioned.

" Uh three days. " I told her and she nodded.

" That's great I've got to start sketching if I want to get what I have in mind done by the time you guys get back. " She said excitedly scurrying out of the kitchen before I could say another word. Hmm.

I got up, apple in hand and strode through the living areas. This is one of my favorite houses because I did most of the designing on it. Also because it had an elegant Greek feel to it, with all the paintings and statutes.

I continued walking to Nico's room. He has to get up to go to daycare which he likes way better than his camp he was attending.

I opened his door quietly to see him curled up in his race car bed. Half the blankets on the floor and his pillow was too. He's such a wild sleeper.

I approached his bed as usual and shook him gently telling him he had to get ready for daycare. He opened his big green eyes and pouted at me.

" I'm still tired fratello. " He said. I rubbed his arm telling him he had no choice.

" I'll run your bath. " I told him and he groggily sat up and hopped off his bed.

" It's okay I'm clean enough. " He answered going to his closet to grab some clothes. I raised an eyebrow at him and told him to come to me.