La resistenza

Damn. My fucking head hurt. Cazzo.

I slowly sat up blinking at the cruel blinding sunlight. It took me a minute or two to remember what exactly happened last night and things were still blurry. All I know for one thing is that Lucy is pissed at me.

I threw the covers off of me and went into the bathroom to shower for the day. Once I was done my head was a little less foggy. I'd have to get some painkillers from Michael because lord knows he has them.

I got dressed in jeans and a plain t-shirt. After I gelled and styled my hair I walked quietly downstairs. It was silent not one sound was to be heard.

I saw Lucy sleeping on the couch, curled into a blanket with a small pout washed over her pink lips. Damn. She's so cute when she's sleeping.

I gently pulled her into my arms careful not to wake her. She stirred a little and I paused, my heart beating like crazy. I continued walking with her in my arms up the stairs and placed her gently into the bed.

She curled up instantly and I quietly shut the door.

I walked down stairs ready to make my piccola breakfast. I had to stop at Michaels room first to retrieve some Advil.

" Mikey do you have—" I paused as I saw he was asleep but that's not what made me freeze it was the person sleeping next to him. Claudia.

I smirked. I knew it, I knew she didn't like me. I walked into his bathroom and dug through his cabinet and retrieved the Advil. I popped two on my way downstairs not needing any water to swallow them.

I went back downstairs and began making a full course breakfast. My personal chef taught me to cook when I was younger in my free time—which was very little.

I whipped up pancakes and french toast with regular crisco canola oil—not peanut oil. I also made bacon, sausage, eggs and waffles. It took me two hours but after setting the table and looking over it. It was worth it especially to see Lucy eating the food I cooked.

" Mhmmm something smells so good. " Michael said walking into the kitchen rubbing his eyes. Claudia followed right behind him trying not to be so obvious.

" So uh how was you guys night ? " I asked leaning against the island. Michael froze and locked eyes with me before breaking out into a wide grin.

" Amazing thank you for asking. " He replied and I laughed. Claudia however glared at Michael and hit him.

" What ? He asked and she rolled her eyes. " And what did I tell you about hitting me ? That was a one time thing last night today is a new day darling and hitting me is not in your best interest. " Michael gritted. They of course began their morning argument as they walked out of the kitchen. I couldn't help but laugh. I don't know why he won't just settle down but I suppose it's for the same reasons I won't.

" What's going on ? " A light voice said. I turned to see Lucy yawning as she leaned against the archway into the kitchen.

" I made you breakfast. I know you want to talk and probably curse me out but you should at least eat something first. " I told her and she shrugged.

" I am not mad at you. " She said grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl. I paused. She's not mad—

" I'm just disappointed...Mr. D'Amico. " She finished and I groaned she's using my last name which isn't good.

She took her apple and walked out of the kitchen. I just slaved for hours cooking this meal and she won't even eat any of it. If I knew that I would have saved myself the time honestly.