Water

It was a sunny day on Dragon's edge. The whole gang was in the water, making merry, except one, Astrid. She was sitting on the beach sand, hugging her legs and resting her face on her knees. She was upset about something.

"Hiccup, I think you should go and ask her what's wrong," Fishlegs said as he put his hand on Hiccup's shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'll go and find out what's bothering her." With that, he walked towards Astrid.

But the blonde girl didn't notice that Hiccup was approaching her. Her thoughts were with the day when she almost drowned. That's why she didn't want to go along with them. She didn't want to believe it, but the incident frightened her enough and now she was afraid of water. Astrid knew that Vikings shouldn't be afraid of it, but she couldn't do anything, just deal with fear of it.

Meanwhile, her thoughts were interrupted when she felt a soft hand on her knee and two green eyes looking at her with worry.

"Astrid, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Hiccup." She tried to smile, but failed, making Hiccup worry even more.

"We both know that isn't true, Astrid. Please tell me what's wrong. I want to know, I want to help you." But she said nothing, just shook her head and avoided any eyes contact with him.

"Okay, if you don't want to tell me now, it's fine, but then you will tell me about it later because now you're going with me." Hiccup took Astrid's hand, helping her stand up and starting to walk toward the water. Astrid's eyes lit up with fear; she pulled her hand out of the hand of the young man and stopped.

"Astrid?" He looked at her.

"And here is the problem, Hiccup. I can't, I... I just can't." She shook her head again.

"You can't what, Astrid?"

"I can't go with you..."

"Why?" Hiccup asked and took a step closer to her. She sighed.

"...Do you remember the day when I nearly drowned?" The young man nodded and she continued. "From the date when you saved me, water isn't my friend anymore. I'm not saying that I am afraid of it because I'm not, well yes, wait, no..." He smiled at her. "What I want to tell you is that I can't swim, I don't know how. What if I-" But he cut her off.

"Astrid, fear is normal, even the biggest Vikings have fears, even I have. But sometimes we have to overcome them, shall look them straight in the eyes and say 'I am not afraid of more'." He took her hands again. "By the way, I can teach you how to swim. It's simple."

"Hiccup, I know, but..."

"M'lady, I promise that nothing bad will happen to you." He said softly. "Trust me. You know that you're always safe with me."

"I know.., but remember, I'll hit you so hard if things goes wrong." Astrid touched his chest with her finger.

"Everything will be fine, Astrid."

With that, he pulled her closer, not leaving her eyes, he slowly backward took her into the water. Once the water was up to her chest, the young man has taught her how to swim. Immediately do it Astrid failed, but Hiccup was beside her and helped. Because now she could swim.

"Well done, M'lady." The Auburn male said and smiled.

"Without you, I would have failed. Thank you, Hiccup." She smiled back and leaned toward him. Their faces were getting closer and closer, until:

"Guys, really?!" Snotlout yelled.