In a Matter Of Seconds

{Remember when Astrid hit Dagur because he said: "I really hate that guy"?

What if Astrid never hit him? What if it never happened? But instead of it happened something terrible?

BTW action takes place at the end of the Edge of Disaster, part 2}

Normal POV 

Everything seemed perfectly fine. Some Dragon Hunters began to retreat, but the other part didn't give up and still tried to fight, though there was no hope of winning.

Ruffnut and Tuffnut were sitting on their dragon's back, had fun shooting at small boats, making them drown. Snotlout and Fishlegs did the same thing, only they didn't want to hurt hunters, so they tried to prevent them from reaching the Dragon's Edge. As for Hiccup, he was shooting a dead glare to Ryker. Astrid was the only one from the gang, who was on the ground, not on the back of her dragon. She and one of the twins, the blonde male exchanged glances like saying 'we did it' and smiled at each other.

But it was all too good to be true.

And in a matter of seconds, everything changed.

There was a dead silence.

Smiles faded, the laughter ceased, eyes widened from shock, and all heads turned to look at one point.

The blue eyes, which was always shining light, now was filled with pain, and tears had formed at the corner of her eyes. Her face was pale, silver drops were resting on her forehead, and deep sighs left her mouth as her chest was moving. The blonde girl slowly raised his shaking hand and gently placed it on her belly. Once she did it, her eyes widened. There.. there was a knife... the knife in her and blood, a lot of blood.

She was stabbed.

"Hiccup..." Astrid whispered as she collapsed to the ground unconscious.

"NO!" The auburn male widened his eyes when he saw an unconscious and helpless body lying on the ground. His eyebrows frowned in worry and anger as he knelt in front of Astrid, completely ignoring Ryker, who was near them.

Hiccup took her into his arms and began to gently shake her. {Just like he did when she almost drowned.}

"Astrid." He said softly. "Astrid, please." He raised his right hand and gently sheltered it to her left cheek, which had lost its all colors. Hiccup hugged her harder and moved his hand to her chest, to where her heart was, and it was still beating. Oh, thank Thor.

"Keep her safe, my boy." Hiccup's expression turned into an angry one. It was Ryker's voice.

Still holding Astrid in his arms, the auburn Viking turned his head and looked at the man standing next to him.

Ryker grinned and raised his right hand up, still smiling triumphantly. And once he did it, Heather and Windshear arrived and grabbed him by his arm, and they both flew into the distance. The black-haired girl's face was full of worry, she quickly glanced back to make sure that her best friend was in good hands, but she quickly calmed herself down, because Astrid was a fighter, and what could go wrong? Besides, Hiccup will be by her side all the time, right?

°*°*

"Hiccup, would you stop pacing?!" Snotlout asked when he lost his patience. "Astrid will be fine! She's a fighter!" He said to his cousin and patted his shoulder. 

At the moment, the whole gang, except for Astrid and Fishlegs, were beside Hiccup's hut, right next to the room where was lying unconscious Astrid. The twins were sitting on the ground, their backs against the wall, waited impatiently for some news, Snotlout tried to relax after a long journey from the Dragon's Edge to Berk and back. (The certainly auburn male sent him to get Gothi, that she would see Astrid's wound.) So Fishlegs helped her to bandage the blonde girl's wound. And then there's Hiccup, well...