Never Belonged, part I

It was a normal morning at Dragon's Edge. The leader Hiccup with Toothless was on patrol with Fishlegs and his Gronckle Meatlug, oversaw if everything was safe and in their places.

They flew for hours in order to make sure that everything was quiet and clean, no danger around. But when they turned toward home from the treetops, frightened birds rose into the sky.

Hiccup looked at Fishlegs and they both nodded. The geen-eyed boy with auburn hair flew first and behind his back was a boy with a Gronckle. The closer they were to the beach, the more they could hear the sounds.

"Hm. I've never seen those colors before." Hiccup said as Fishlegs landed next to him. "But I have seen that insignia. It was-" But Fishlegs cut him off, completing the sentence himself.

"-on the Reaper..." He gasped and turned to the Night Fury's rider.

"Those are Dragon Hunters." Hiccup said unhappily. "Come on, bud, let's get a better look." He patted his left cheek.

Fishlegs wanted to follow him, but Hiccup said that he had to stay here and watch from the highland because if anything bad happens, he could report to others.

Hiccup and Toothless landed in front of a large stone, which they could hide. All the dragons were closed in cages and transported to ships. But Hiccup's attention was on the young girl, the same age as he, with as blue as the ocean eyes, blonde hair, braided into a single braid and a wooden bow with several arrows on her back. She stood near one of the cages and watched as one of the monstrous nightmares looked at her with sad eyes and growled a little like asking for freedom.

"Quiet down, you useless lizard!" Shouted one of the men and hit the cage with a life preserver.

"He just wants to be free like all of them." Came a beautiful voice behind man and in Hiccup's surprise that voice belonged to the owner of the blue eyes. "If you with them acted nicely, they also would treat you differently."

"Pfft. With dragons? Nicely? They are nothing but benefits!" The blonde frowned and wanted to argue with him, but a rough man voice stopped her.

"What are you doing here?" With each a step, he raised his voice. "Didn't I tell you to stay on board??" Now he was glaring at her. "Why do you always don't listen to what others are saying?!" And we are screaming... "If here would be my will to deal with, you long ago would be overboard and dead." Her face was without emotion. All others instead of her now placed in the legs, but not she. The blue-eyed girl has been living for eighteen years with that, and she got used. All these deaths, hunting, blood, and shouting... her poses no feelings, no excitement. Not anymore. She steeled herself and never showed his weaknesses. She had become a strong person outside, but no one knew how vulnerable this girl was inside.

The man who cried on her was none other but Ryker. Ryker Grimborn. They are like a dog with a cat, always arguing, fighting and have arguments. In the past, when the blonde was still a little girl, she was afraid of him, because he has never been kind and all those years, he looked at her as if she would be a mistake in this world. And everything was just because she was different from other.

Sure, she could easily kill the dragon, but in that point she didn't see any sense. What's the point to kill dragons; she never understood and will never understand. She doesn't like them but also doesn't feel any hatred. Blue-eyed girl sees them as dangerous, wild animals and nothing more.

That's why Ryker didn't like her and didn't recognize. According to him, Dragon Hunters must be brutal and ruthless and she wasn't, she was merciful. Over the years, her fear for him was gone and never returned, because he, head of the dragon hunters didn't allow anyone to hurt her, even Ryker, his older brother couldn't, well... except himself. Only he could hurt her, the only head of the dragon hunters could.