Beautiful moment

"In the family is not necessary to have a father and a mother to be happy. To be happy is enough to have a little person who truly loves you, vigilantly protects and does everything that you would feel as their own." ~Author's words.

The young mom named Astrid unlock the apartment door and let in a six-year-old girl named Emily. She helped her take off her backpack and drag the spring coat. As soon as the girl was freed from her mother's embrace, she ran into his parents' bedroom. Emily looked around, but when she didn't find anything, she lowered her head. Astrid knelt and stretched out both her hands, invited her to come to her.

"Mommy, daddy... he's not returned yet... he is not here..." sadly spoke Emily and sheltered her head on her mom's chest.

"I know, sweetheart, I know..." Astrid hugged her and gently patted her small back. "But you just don't worry. Your dad is still working, and when he will finish his work, he will immediately returnt to home, to us." When she broke away from the thin, but strong her daughter's hands, she lifted her small chin, kissed Emily's forehead and gave her a warm smile. The little girl instantly showed his white teeth as a response to mom. "And now, dear, let's go to bake pancakes - for you and dad."

Both stood up and went to the kitchen. Well, who went and who ran. Mom smiled at his daughter and girded after apron.

Emily took from the cupboard a deep bowl, from the drawer, took wooden spoon and fork, pulled out a bag of flour, and took sugar-basin. Then, she put everything on the table. In the meantime, Astrid took the rest of the food. The little girl pulled back a chair and knelt in it, that she would be higher. In a bowl, mother scored two eggs, poured the milk, flour, and sugar then added a pinch of salt. Emily mixed everything. While pancakes baked in a pan, six-year-old asked if she could decorate the table.

Once everything was in place, there was a late door locking sound. Emily looked at her mom with hope and joy eyes, leaped up from the chair and fled toward the door. As soon as it opened, the girl only had to see a familiar face, which she had been waiting for, and jumped into her father's strong arms, almost forcing him to fall.

With one hand holding a small body, Hiccup put the purchases on the ground and went to the smiling, standing in the doorway, his wife and penetrated her right on the lips.

"Dad eats mom, dad eats mom!" Exulted Emily. She came down from father's neck and with her tiny little hand took his. "Come on let's go." She urged.

When they both reached the kitchen, Hiccup's jaw protruded. The whole table was embellished with his daughter notched, handmade crafts. The middle of the table stood a vase with wildflowers and several candles near. Hot pancakes with chocolate on top and fruit juice in a glass was placed nearby.

"That y-you both did?" He stuttered surprised and looked at Astrid, who nodded his head. Then he looked at his daughter, who was restless of luck.

The most of his life he loves his two princesses and is very proud of them. Others can only envy him because he has everything. His wife is the most sincere person in the world, she is truthful other, understanding, caring person. Also, she is smart, loving and beautiful.

His daughter, Emily follows in the footsteps of his mother. She is very hard-working and pleasant girl, as a fighter as Astrid and as stubborn as Hiccup. And in order to trick her, you need to try.

"Why? You didn't have to do it." He picked up Emily and she put both his hands around Hiccup's neck.

"We wanted to show that you are very important to us and how we love you. You work very hard, just because we could have everything we need, but all we need is you, Hiccup, only you." Astrid gently placed her hand on his right cheek and slowly joined their lips.

Yes, they are happy, but only because they are surrounded by the dear people.

°*°*

(A/N: I just wanted to thank you all who are reading, voting and commenting on this story. It means a lot to me and I really appreciate that. Thanks again!)