Chapter 1

Misty Waterflower sighed as she stared at her reflection. Same old outfit. It was comfy and her favorite but it was a new day.

She looked back in her closet and decided to change her outfit a little. After all, it was her first day of Pokemon High.

"Misty! Get down here! Just because you don't have to manage the gym doesn't mean you can be lazy!" Her eldest sister, Daisy, screamed from downstairs.

I'd rather be battling random people than go back to school

"Coming, Daisy!" She yelled. She grabbed her pokeballs and flew down the stairs.

"Like, whoa, Misty. That new outfit is so not ok." Her second eldest sister, Lily, said.
"At least it's better than her old outfit." Said Violet who was only three years older than her.
"Shut up, you guys, like at least she's trying." Daisy said.

Misty rolled her eyes at them. Even when she had somewhere important to be, they still managed to annoy her.

"Thank Arceus I'll be staying at the dorms for a whole year!" Misty said loudly.

"Like you didn't have to be rude." Lily giggled with her fake tone that they all knew bugged Misty.
"Guys, cut it out. I'm not ten anymore and you know how I feel about those voices." Misty groaned.

They laughed and then Daisy pulled them all in for a hug. "We know, little sis, it's just...it'll be the first time in years that you'll leave us for an adventure. We'll miss you, you know."
Misty stared up at her sisters that were trying not to cry. "Come on, guys, it's not like I haven't been away before. Besides, you guys leave me all the time to manage the gym. I'll be back in a year. I can visit you guys on the weekends anyways."

"Like this is super sweet and all but don't you have school in an hour?" Lily joked, breaking the sentimental tension.
"Lily..." They groaned.
Daisy laughed and grabbed her keys. "Let's go! We don't want you to be late!"
"Wait, I told Brock, Gary, and Tracey I'd go with them." Misty said.
Daisy winked. "Change of plans. It's time for some last minute Sensational Sisters time."

*time skip*

30 minutes and one crazy car drive later, Misty was finally at Pokemon High.

She got out of the car trying to get rid of her headache. "Next time I visit, Lily isn't driving."

"Bye, Sis!" They exclaimed and drove off.

Misty smiled as she adjusted her pokeball belt.

Now I just need to register and find-

"Looking for us, red?" Gary popped up from behind her.
Misty slapped him and then immediately regretted it. "Oh starmie I'm so sorry, Gary!"
Gary winced while Brock and Tracey laughed. "It's fine."

"So, Misty? What Pokemon are you choosing?" Brock asked.
"Huh?" She asked.
"You can only have one Pokemon. You didn't know that?" Tracey asked.
"What?! One Pokemon?!" She sputtered.
"Seems little red here was too busy in water lala land to pay attention to that part." Gary smirked.
"Shut up, Gary, or do you want to feel my mallet!" She shouted.

Brock got in the middle of them. "Hey, look it's Ash!"

All three heads looked up, searching for the raven haired boy.

"Got you." Brock laughed.

Brock groaned after they all hit him.

"Stop joking around, Brock!" Misty yelled.
"Let's go get registered." Tracey said, trying to avoid another fight.
"Hmm, I did want to see how Ashy Boy has been progressing. He's probably still an idiot." Gary said.
"Well, he did beat the Orange Islands and I heard he beat the Battle Frontier in Hoenn." Tracey added.
"And yet, every league is a dud." Misty sighed.

"Hey, every trainer has to take a year off their journey. You think we'll see him here?" Brock asked.
"Dummy's probably bouncing all the way here." Gary rolled his eyes.

"Um, guys, where did Brock go?" Tracey asked.

Misty ran over to the registration desk when the realized that Brock was trying to flirt with a Nurse Joy at the desk.

"Time to go, sucker." Misty said, dragging him away.
"But wait! I didn't get her number!" Brock cried.

As Misty and Gary kept Brock from harassing any more girls, Tracey registered them all in.

"Misty? What Pokemon are you going to use?" Tracey asked.

Misty said and passed Brock off to Gary. "Hold Brock."

She marched over to the desk with a glare. "Do I really have to pick one Pokemon?"
"Yes." The girl answered not looking up from her computer screen.
"But I'm a gym leader! I need my Pokemon!" She exclaimed.
"All the more reason to only have one. Since your a gym leader, you should be used to only using one Pokemon." The girl said nonchalantly.
"But-!"
"She'll use her gyarados." Tracey interrupted.
"Tracey!" She yelled.
"Ok. Misty Waterflower of Cerulean City. Main Pokemon: Gyarados. Here is your room key and your schedule. Enjoy your stay." The girl said handing Misty a gold key and a piece of paper.
"What? But wait-"

Tracey dragged her away before she could protest some more.

"Trouble, strawberry?" Gary asked.
Misty pouted. "Perfectly fine."
"Sorry, Misty. There was a line." Tracey explained.
"There will be a line in your head once I get my mallet!" Misty barked.

Gary grabbed Misty's collar before she could bite off Tracey's head.

"Let's go, guys. If we get to the rooms first, we might have first pick of bed." Gary said.
"Wait but there's a girls dorms and a guys dorm." Misty said.
Gary rolled his eyes. "Thanks for the obvious, jelly jam. I meant when we get to our separate rooms."
Misty pulled her arm back. "Would you like-"

"Ow!"

They all stopped. Misty turned around and saw she had hit a girl.

"Oh my Arceus, I'm so sorry!" Misty said.
The girl giggled. "It's fine."
"Um, are you sure?" Misty asked.
"Yea! My name's Serena, by the way!" Serena said.
"Uh, I'm Misty. And these are my friends, Gary, Tracey, and Brock." Misty said slowly.
"Hello! I'm traveling here with two of my friends from Kalos. One of them is Clemont." She pointed cheerfully at a blonde guy with glasses and a blue jumpsuit trying to run to her.

"Serena! You know I can't run!" Clemont yelled.

Serena giggled. "We had another friend but we don't know where he is."
"Oh ok uh..."
"Oh, is that your schedule? Can I see?" Serena asked.
Misty handed her the schedule and stared back at the guys in confusion. "Sure?"
Serena squealed. "Looks like we're in the same dorm! Come on! I know where it is and I'll give you the first pick for the beds if you'd like."

Serena grabbed her hand and pulled her along.

"Uh, guess I'll see you later?" Misty called out to the guys who were still processing what happened

Kalos, huh? Why does that sound familiar...