Chapter 9

Paul wandered around school campus. School had just ended and Paul didn't know what to do. He didn't have any assignments to do and he didn't have many friends mostly due to the fact he didn't care. He was there to train, not make friends.

He spotted Dawn with May and that blonde dude that Paul had forgotten already.

Dawn saw him and waved. "Hey, Paul!"

Paul pretended not to see her and started walking in the other direction.

"Paullll!" Dawn whined and ran over to him.
"Hey, troublesome."
She pouted. "I'm not troublesome! I'm uninviting you from going shopping with us."
He shrugged. "Ok. See ya."
Dawn grabbed his arm. "Wait! Aw, come on, Paul. Why don't you wanna hang out with your best friend?"
"Who said we're friends?" He joked.
Dawn smiled. "You, Paul Shinji, are a teddy bear. Now come on! We're going shopping!"

Paul pulled his arm but she had an iron grip. He rolled his eyes and let her pull him but secretly, he was panicking. He knew better than anyone how Dawn got when she went shopping.

There goes the rest of my afternoon and evening

Dawn dragged him over to May and the guy. He was a friend of Iris' but he just couldn't remember his name. In Paul's opinion, only Dawn and his Pokemon were worth remembering.

"Hey, Paul!" May said.
The blonde pushed up his glasses and smiled nervously. "Hi..."
Paul scoffed and looked at Dawn. "Who's this."
May pointed her thumb and smirked. "Oh, Shinji, you'll want to know who he is. This is Clemont, the electric gym leader of Lumiouse City in the Kalos region."

Paul cocked a brow and took a second look at the guy. Scrawny and nervous, he certainly didn't look like a gym leader. He made a mental note not to underestimate him in a battle though.

"Come on! The Cerulean City mall is calling our names!" Dawn said, her arm still linked to his.

May saw and shot him a thumbs up. Paul just looked away. They walked to Dawn's car and got in. Dawn usually liked to sit in the passengers seat and dance to the music so Paul usually drove.

"So why's Blondie coming with us? This a gym leader arranged marriage thing?" Paul nodded to May and Clemont.
"No way! I'm into Ash." May sighed to herself.
"Remember, May, Ash is mine." Dawn winked.

Paul's eye twitched slightly and he gripped tighter on the steering wheel.

"Careful, Dawn, Shinji might get jealous," May winked back.

Paul clenched his teeth. Of course May noticed. She always saw. Except for the obvious crush her friend, grass head, had on her. The roses and hand kissing? And May getting upset when he did that to anyone but her? She might've not even realized her feelings but at least that gave Paul an advantage against her. Still, he had to be careful around her.

Paul could feel Dawn staring at him and he glanced over, questioningly.

"Are you ok? Don't listen to May, she's just joking," Dawn said
"Or am I?" May giggled.
"No need to worry about her, ok? I know we're friends and that you'll worry about me," Dawn smiled.

Paul stared ahead and tried to ignore her. He almost twisted the wheel when Dawn placed her hand on his. He felt that familiar rush that he got whenever his crush on Dawn decided to catch up to his tough exterior. He bit his lip as he tried to keep his cool.

Luckily for his heart, they finally arrived at the mall and Dawn let go as she got out.

May nudged him as she passed with a smile. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me."
Paul smirked. "And yours with me."
She tilted in her head in confusion. "My crush on Ash? Everyone knows that."

He shook his head. If she didn't even know, there was no way he was helping her.

Paul soon found out that they had gone shopping to buy Clemont a new wardrobe to impress his crush. He wanted no part in it until Dawn pushed him into a fitting room with a texudo and a fedora.

"No way in hell." He said and tried to get out.
"Aw, come on, Paulie! You'll look good I swear!"

Dawn blinked as she used her puppy eyes and Paul bit the inside of his lip.

Damn she's cute

Paul trudged back into the stall and slowly put on the suit. He didn't understand why he had to put on an outfit but as he got a look at himself in the mirror, he admitted that he looked kinda hot.

He grabbed the fedora, made sure no one was around, and started making poses. His purple jacket and jeans were nice but this tux made him look like a different person. Kinda classy, kinda cool, kinda Dawn's kind of guy.

"Are you done?" Dawn pulled back the curtain and Paul froze.

He took off the hat and quickly hid it behind him. Dawn was staring at him and she seemed to be blushing.

He smirked and placed his hat on her head, ruffling her hair a bit. "Like what you see?"
Dawn held onto the hat and looked up at him, her eyes shining. "You look good!"

Paul struggled to breathe. He didn't know how to respond. Finally, he just rolled his eyes and left with a small smile.

Just a little ikariship but next one will be pokeshipping so hold on to your hats or whatever. I honestly just know the destination not the journey lol but yes I'll be updating regularly (daily?) from now on