Chapter 10

WARNING: mild language

As soon as the bell to signal school was over had rang, Ash jumped out of his Pokemon history class and ran out. He tried to find Clemont but he didn't seem to be on campus.

He walked back to his dorm. Seeing Misty and Gary like that...he wasn't sure how he felt about that. He had already figured years ago that he was in love with Misty but didn't have the courage to tell her and instead, drowned himself in his childhood dream. 

He heard laughing coming from his room. As he opened the door, the laughing stopped and Ash saw Gary, Misty, Brock, and Tracey on Gary and Clemont's beds. He saw Misty's face was as red as a Cherubi. He felt his own blush come on when he saw Misty was wearing his first hat that he had left with her. 

"Uh, hi guys...?" Ash said.

Ash stared as Misty bolted out of his room. His eyes filled with sadness when she accidentally bumped him on her way out. He tried to reach for her but she was already down the hall.

"What're you doing, loser?! Go after her!" Gary shouted after a minute of Ash's longing stares.
Ash turned back to them with a sad smile. "She probably just needs space."

All three guys began throwing pillows and books and whatever else they could get their hands on at Ash.

"What the hell do you mean?!" Gary yelled, throwing a potted cactus.
"She's already had so much space!" Brock exclaimed as he threw an empty pokeball.
"Go after her!" Tracey added and tossed some pencils.

Ash tried to defend himself by sending Pikachu after them. "Electro ball!"

Instead of following his command, Pikachu turned around shocked Ash. "Pikaaaa!"

Ash stood, paralyzed in place. The guys stopped pelting him with objects and just laughed. They couldn't even speak, only hold their stomachs and laugh as their faces got red. Gary even rolled off his bed, not that he cared. They were all laughing too much.

"P-Pikachu still...d-does that?!" Gary choked out.
Ash pouted when he was able to move. "Shut up, Gary!"

He looked at them and his face softened and he started to laugh. He jumped into Gary's bed and rolled around with them. He had truly missed them.

"Dammit, Ash, how did she end up falling for a dummy like you..." Gary said when they finally calmed down after five minutes.
"Who?" Ash said as he was puffing out his cheeks to give them a rest.
Brock smacked Ash upside his head. "Misty, obviously."
Ash froze. "W-What?"
"Holy Arceus..." Gary groaned as they all fell back in the beds.

"Ash, sorry to say it but you are a true idiot." Tracey sighed.
"Wait, she likes me?" Ash said again.
"For all the Pokemon in the world, yes!" Gary shouted, obviously frustrated with his childhood friend.
"So...I should probably go after her...?" Ash asked.
"FOR FUCKS SAKE, ASH, IF YOU DON'T GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS ROOM AND RUN AFTER MISTY, I WILL ACTUALLY MURDER YOU!"

Brock and Tracey quickly grabbed Gary before he could strangle Ash with his pillow.

"Go, Ash!" Brock yelled.
"H-Hurry!" Tracey said as they struggled to hold Gary down. 

Ash hastily raced out of there, but not before calling out a quick 'thank you'.

He thought of where Misty would go and he could only think of her dorm. Unfortunately, he had no idea where it was. Luckily, he knew Serena was rooming with her.

He took out his phone and dialed her number. Usually, Serena answered on the first ring but she wasn't answering now. He heard her ringtone and he saw Serena getting out of the elevator and onto the boys' floor. 

He turned off his phone and jogged over to her. "Serena!"
She giggled. "Hey, Ash!"
"What're you doing on the guys' floor?" He asked.
"I heard Clemont was out shopping with May and Dawn so I made some pokepuffs and thought we could share them together." She smiled and whipped out her pink basket case that she always put freshly baked sweets in.

Under normal circumstances, Ash couldn't resist her sweets but he was a man on a mission.

"Uh, how about we go to your dorm room instead? I was headed over there anyways." He said and led her back towards the elevator.
"Oh, it's ok! I'm already here and Misty and Leaf are at the dorm. I thought we could hang out. You know, just the two of us." Serena said, slyly.
Oblivious to her true meaning, Ash just shook his head. "Some of my old friends are hanging out in there. Besides, I needed to ask Misty a question anyways. F-For classes."
Serena hid her frown behind a plastic smile. "Ok! I can share my pokepuffs with them! I needed new tasters!"
Ash shrugged. "Sure, if you want, but I really need to ask Misty a question. Can you just tell me where your dorm is?"
"What's your question? I'll relay it back to her." Serena said.
"Serena, please this is urgent." Ash replied. He was starting to get frustrated.
"Ash, we're friends. You can tell me anything." Serena sent him a reassuring smile.
"I know but...look, it's just personal business, ok? Please?" Ash asked.

Serena backed away from him with a frown. She knew what he was going to do.

"Sorry, Ash, I can't let you do that." She ran into the elevator and tried to push the close button.
Ash swiftly grabbed the two doors before they could close. "What're you doing?"
"I can't let you get to her!" Serena exclaimed as she pushed against his weight.
"What're you talking about? I just want to talk with her!" Ash yelled.
"No!" Water started to form in Serena's eyes.
"Why not?!" The poor trainer was truly confused.
"You're going to tell her you love her and I can't let you do that!" Serena screamed. People were starting to peek out from their dorms to watch the commotion. Even the guys from Ash's room.
"If you know I love her then why can't you let me through?!" Ash shouted.

"Because I love you!

Ash fell back in surprise. He watched her collapse in a pool of her tears as the elevator doors finally closed on her.

Yay! More updates! I have a 5 page paper due tonight at 11:59 and I only have two pages! Anyways, yea I kinda lied about there being pokeshipping here, this kinda just happened. I'm kinda proud of how this one came out tbh...