Chapter 13

Serena was sitting at her usual table, picking at her salad. She tried not to look over where Misty usually sat.

There was somebody new at her table and that somebody new was Ash Ketchum.

She had seen last night. There was a grand window in the main hallways and Serena could see out her room window their whole encounter.

She saw him try to pull her somewhere. She saw Misty wave her arms around like she was crazy. She had seen them hold hands.

Then she saw the kiss.

It seemed to last an eternity.

She painfully watched as they gravitated towards each other. When they finally separated, Serena's face was streaming with tears.

Leaf  comforted her until she had fallen asleep.

Now, she was picking at a salad, trying so hard not to cry.

"Serena?"

She looked up and saw Clemont.

Or at least someone who looked like Clemont?

He had slicked his hair back, even his unmanageable cowlick. He was wearing a blue shirt and a denim vest. He had blue jeans and was wearing platform shoes that made him a bit taller.

Serena blushed. He looked good.

"What're you wearing, Clemont?"

He looked down at his outfit and tugged at it.

"Oh, this? Just a little, um, thing I found in my closet." He smiled and popped the hood of his vest.

Doki Doki

"Uh, well...."

"Does it look nice?" Clemont's smile faltered a bit.

"No, it looks great!" Serena exclaimed and Clemont beamed proudly.

"Thanks!"

Clemont sat in front of her and she nervously stabbed pieces of lettuce. 

She didn't understand. Just a few minutes ago, she was trying not to cry over Ash. Now she was going red because what? Because Clemont changed his style a little?

Serena groaned and pushed her salad away before slamming her head on the table.

"Whoa! Serena? Are you ok?" Clemont placed his hands over hers.

Serena smiled secretly to herself. Even if Clemont looked a little different, he was still as caring as ever. 

Serena snapped her head up and stared straight into his eyes. His eyes were blue like hers but darker. His were like sapphires while she always thought of hers to be a more crystal ocean blue. 

"W-What? I-Is there something o-on my face?" Clemont tried to back up but Serena just leaned in more.

"You wanna go on a date with me after school?"

"What?!" Clemont fell out of his seat.

Serena stopped and took in what she said.

"Um, w-wait...yea...?"

Serena looked over at Clemont and saw he was looking at her.

Both were blushing messes.

"Yes."

"What?"

Clemont stood up and stared right at her. 

"Let's go on a date."

Sorry for the short chapter, it's not a filler btw, I try to make all my chapters have meaning that further the plot so don't worry most of these next chapters will have something to do with our tiny bean heros